Radio Controlled Flying Things?...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
...look quite interesting, especially helicopters and gliders. Anyone else do/has done this?

Mel.

I have the gear but no idea.

Freeflight is my main interest in flying things.

I have built both gliders and boats.
I have an old Chris Foss design "Centiphase" glider, that I built and am now repairing, again, after a landing that was faster than planned (more of a controlled plummet, and perhaps not too much of the controlled).
And I’ve started building a Clyde puffer, which should keep me busy for a while.

Globalti

Legendary Member
How long before we see radio-controlled nano robots being used in military applications, such as to deliver paralysing stings or infiltrate places and spy on the occupants?

Octet

Veteran
How long before we see radio-controlled nano robots being used in military applications, such as to deliver paralysing stings or infiltrate places and spy on the occupants?

They've developed them already, although we obviously won't know what they are being used for. They aren't 'nano' so to speak but they are about as small as a fly... which is in fact what they are based on in terms of wing movement.

Panter

Just call me Chris...
I did get into helicopters recently, but just didn't have the time or patience.
I had to buy an RC flight SIM to practice on, and after discovering it took some people Years to learn the skill, I gave up and flogged the lot.

30 plus years of flying r/c gliders,from aerobatic slope soarers,
thru to F3B and 1/4 scale all moulded models

ushills

Veteran
...look quite interesting, especially helicopters and gliders. Anyone else do/has done this?

Mel.
Heli's and quadcopters, yes.

For about the past 2-3 years, heli's can be a long learing process. However, I can now comfortably fly in all upright orientations; inverted is my next step.

Have 450 and 550/500 size electric heli and have formed a 3 man club with our own flying field.

Rewarding hobby.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
[QUOTE 1994281, member: 45"]£50 is my budget max, but that can get you a decent sized chopper.....[/quote]

Said the actress to the bishop.

OP
OP
M

Melvil

[QUOTE 1994281, member: 45"]£50 is my budget max, but that can get you a decent sized chopper.....[/quote]

Ooh err!

Seriously, thanks all. That's food for thought. I'd probably be all the gear and no idea too, Vern. Seems like Helis are a lot tougher to learn but maybe more rewarding in the sense that they're harder (though I'm sure you beg to differ ArDee and Ushills!). I'll have a look at User1314's post, thanks Dell.

I'd love a helicopter but I've never had the cojones to invest all that money in one.

Mainly due the fact that when you go to fly it along with all the kit you need, you must never forget the most important item, a bin bag to potentially bring it all home in :whistle:

They reckon it's easier to go straight into heli's as opposed to progressing from planes, don't if if it's true but it sounds feasible.

Always quite fancied an RC jet plane as well, but again, I can't give it the time it needs, and frankly I can't afford it either.

ushills

Veteran
The best thing to buy is a copy of the Phoenix flight sim. It will pay for itself on the first flight.

Crashing is expensive!!

byegad

Legendary Member
A friend who works in that line of thing could tell me all about them. But as he'd have to kill me afterwards I'd not be able to post a reply. Suffice to say they exist and are used by several nations.

Top Bottom