Radio Controlled Flying Things?...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sandra6

Veteran
Mr6 is quite big into helicopters.
He'd recommend wl toys v911, cost £12. (£22 with a controller)
Single rotor 4 channel.
I have no idea what he is talking about.

phil_hg_uk

I am not a member, I am a free man !!!!!!
Here is one of my helis I havent flown it for a couple of years it is an Esky Belt CP with upgraded radio and Gyro:

belt_cp.jpg

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
another thought is rockets. Different kind of thing, but still a big, thrill. You make the rocket out of tubing, make the fins and the nosecone, work out how the parachute stows and stick in the rocket motor. A friend sets them off in Wales (we'll be on hols together next week and I'm hoping to persuade him to build one) and they go up to 800 feet in a few seconds. Big, big whoosh!

classic33

Leg End Member
another thought is rockets. Different kind of thing, but still a big, thrill. You make the rocket out of tubing, make the fins and the nosecone, work out how the parachute stows and stick in the rocket motor. A friend sets them off in Wales (we'll be on hols together next week and I'm hoping to persuade him to build one) and they go up to 800 feet in a few seconds. Big, big whoosh!
800 foot, try this one. Listed at over 800 metres altitude
http://www.estesrockets.com/rockets/kits/skill-3/00138-comanche-3tm

Smurfy

Naturist Smurf
30 plus years of flying r/c gliders,from aerobatic slope soarers,
thru to F3B and 1/4 scale all moulded models

I've got a few gliders, although sadly I haven't flown any of them since I left Bristol, despite the fact that Yorkshire is full of hills. I've heard there's some flying to be had up on Saddleworth Moor, but I haven't been up there.

Couple of Blade helis and a small Syma 'something'. Syma is tough as old boots but only 3 channel
Blade 120 is a bit big for indoors but can only fly it outdoors with zero wind as it gets blown about. Blade MSX seems like trying to fly a drunken wasp

I've got a few gliders, although sadly I haven't flown any of them since I left Bristol, despite the fact that Yorkshire is full of hills. I've heard there's some flying to be had up on Saddleworth Moor, but I haven't been up there.
Yeah,they fly from the A640 between Denshaw and Scammonden,when it's blowing s...s/w
have to share airspace with the paragliders unfortunately,Currently planeless at the mo,Sold all
my gear when I got made redundant 3 years ago,Hoping to start a job with the NHS shortly and some new
gear is high on the list,having to make do with having a few goes of fellow fliers planes,

byegad

Legendary Member
Blakey Ridge is good there's a real glider station nearby.

Smurfy

Naturist Smurf
Yeah,they fly from the A640 between Denshaw and Scammonden,when it's blowing s...s/w
have to share airspace with the paragliders unfortunately,Currently planeless at the mo,Sold all
my gear when I got made redundant 3 years ago,Hoping to start a job with the NHS shortly and some new
gear is high on the list,having to make do with having a few goes of fellow fliers planes,

I've been trying to find somewhere close to Leeds, but not much luck so far. I visited Baildon Moor once, but it didn't look like a very good site.

Blakey Ridge is good there's a real glider station nearby.

There's quite a large club operating up there.

http://www.nymrsc.org.uk/

Bit of a long drive for me though.

Top Bottom