Raht Racer

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
If Tony Stark Built Pedal Cycles
If you have faced a tortuous hill and wished for superhuman powers, consider the Raht Racer;
an electrically-assisted pedal trike that can speed you along at 70 mph without breaking a sweat.

Raht Racer.jpg
The Raht Racer uses a flywheel generator to convert pedal power into electrical energy. You pedal as you would a conventional bicycle, but travel as fast as a car.

The Raht Racer features an aluminium roll cage frame, composite body, seat belts and an airbag as standard.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
The future of transport, or yet another flawed prototype that will never see the light of day?

We shall see.

Chris S

Legendary Member
"an electrically-assisted pedal trike" - in other words you have to plug it in to charge it. I wonder how much human-power it actually uses?

OP
OP
classic33

classic33

Leg End Member
Pedalling one of them was awkward, at best. I'd have to think about actually taking one on the road.
I think the pedals were included to get round the law.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
I think the pedals were included to get up hills. Motor power alone would have overheated the electric motor, and caused it to cut out, and then you would have a real predicament. I think with todays technology and power controls, this could be a contender, now. Lighter, better electronic and a enclosed seat may make this Raht Racer or electrofahhrahd or whatever a little more likely to be successful, although by its name and appearance I would expect the visibility mast to be in the shape of a tail.And I'll bet I'm going to break a sweat in a enclosed box, pedaling away like that.

Last edited:
Top Bottom