Raiders of the lost ark...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dessertwarrior

buggi said:
..... nothing to do with the horny bloke!

... there is a horny bloke in it? :eek:

Melvil

Can someone explain just exactly what was going on in the end scene where all the women came out of the box, turned into skulls and then all the nazi soldiers seemed to have been killed with laser beams?

jonesy

Guru
It was the Wrath of God, punishing the wicked. One of the most blatant examples of the deus ex machina!

Tetedelacourse

mjones said:
It was the Wrath of God, punishing the wicked. One of the most blatant examples of the deus ex machina!

So why did closing their eyes spare them from it then? Punish only the wicked who peep? :smile:

Or, why did they need to close their eyes if they weren't wicked?

I always assumed it was lost souls who kill anyone who look at them - a much more sensible theory I think you would agree.:biggrin:

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
Was great watching it last night. Temple of Doom is on same bat time, same bat channel next Sunday. The only thing I found weird was what was all that cropping going on on BBC1 having it in 4:3 (less harrison ford and less scenery in the picture :smile: ).

jonesy

Guru
Tetedelacourse said:
So why did closing their eyes spare them from it then? Punish only the wicked who peep? :blush:

Or, why did they need to close their eyes if they weren't wicked?

I always assumed it was lost souls who kill anyone who look at them - a much more sensible theory I think you would agree.:blush:

Taking a look at what is going on does seem to be a heinous crime in the Old Testament, though presumably Nazis deserved a more grisly end than merely being turned into salt. Isn't it a good thing that we've got religion to give people a moral code? :biggrin::tongue:

Tetedelacourse

mjones said:
Taking a look at what is going on does seem to be a heinous crime in the Old Testament, though presumably Nazis deserved a more grisly end than merely being turned into salt. Isn't it a good thing that we've got religion to give people a moral code? :biggrin::tongue:

No worse than hollywood I suppose;)

atbman

Veteran
The original pitch was for a birdwatcher to fight against the shooting of migrating songbirds, "Aiders of the Roast Lark"

Followed by Sean Connery in a Scottish Nationalist film protecting traditional dishes against EC interference, "Indiana Jones and the Dumplings of Toon".

Not to mention the romantic film about an entomologist and an Italian-American mid-West housewife, "The Midges of Bradison County".

Top Bottom