Raiders of the lost ark...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mondobongo

Über Member
Hard to believe that it is 27 years since Raiders of the Lost Ark was released, where does the time go?

bonj2

atbman said:
The original pitch was for a birdwatcher to fight against the shooting of migrating songbirds, "Aiders of the Roast Lark"

Followed by Sean Connery in a Scottish Nationalist film protecting traditional dishes against EC interference, "Indiana Jones and the Dumplings of Toon".

Not to mention the romantic film about an entomologist and an Italian-American mid-West housewife, "The Midges of Bradison County".

:biggrin:
LOL
very good!

papercorn2000

The SFX were state of the art as well.

The scene where he shoots the sword whirling guy must go down as one of the funniest scenes ever.

PLUS ROTLA must be the only movie to include a Henschel Flying wing!

ChrisKH

Guru
mjones said:
It was the Wrath of God, punishing the wicked. One of the most blatant examples of the deus ex machina!

A little unfair I think. In all the main religions the Ark is a sacred recepticle, the contents of which change depending on what you read. Only the Levite Jews were allowed to carry it (but not touch it directly) or access was limited to one day a year. It is written that it should stay hidden "until the time that God should gather His people again together, and receive them unto mercy." So it's not beyond the realms of what has been written for those who opened it to be received unto God's mercy. Or such like.

OP
OP
buggi

buggi

Bird Saviour
mondobongo said:
Hard to believe that it is 27 years since Raiders of the Lost Ark was released, where does the time go?
xx( No way! am i that old?

next week Temple of Doom, week after The Last Crusade and then week after that pop to the cinema and watch the new one.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
Yay at the new Indiana Jones film, had forgotten it was that soon.

Zoiders

Tetedelacourse said:
So why did closing their eyes spare them from it then? Punish only the wicked who peep? ;)

Or, why did they need to close their eyes if they weren't wicked?

I always assumed it was lost souls who kill anyone who look at them - a much more sensible theory I think you would agree.:biggrin:
Your first expleanation is the right one

Look into Jewish religious ceremony and you will see why, Spielberg put it in for a reason

Plus - do we ever need a reason to kill Nazis on screen?

Top Bottom