rain jacket

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mycroft

Ben Lovejoy said:
eVent proves you wrong :-)

I have the Montane eVent jacket and trousers, and both are (when you do them up properly<ahem>) 100% waterproof, and no sweat inside either. Highly recommended.

bought eVent stormrider jacket and legs, very expensive initial outlay, but WOW are they good! got myself a gore hood as well, the waterproof kit is the best thing after the bike ;)

I'm surprised that they keep you dry, but a good surprised, which, are the best kind :bicycle:

Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Formerly just_fixed
i've got the endura convert which is suposed to be breathable and waterproof. it does neither. i did a 100km friday night and it rained quite heavily. i got soaked to the skin and i got cold. i'm now wondering what use this jacket is? i'm going the thermal tights route, with my faithful mountain harware windproof fleece jacket (non cycling). at least i know that once wet i'll still be warm. fleeces breath brilliantly. i;ve had this one for over 10 years, it has pit vents, removeable hood and thumb loops. can't recommend it enough.

Crankarm

Guru
Mycroft said:
bought eVent stormrider jacket and legs, very expensive initial outlay, but WOW are they good! got myself a gore hood as well, the waterproof kit is the best thing after the bike :bicycle:

I'm surprised that they keep you dry, but a good surprised, which, are the best kind :rain:

What one of these?

http://www.winwood-outdoor.co.uk/cg...tormrider&PN=Montane.html#a1_212018#a1_212018

I have an Altura jacket which is waterproof and breathable, pre-Night vision range, about 8 years old now which cost £35 in a sale in Evans, which has been brilliant. Can't see the point of spending silly money on something that may be no different from a much cheaper jacket. One's sweat has to go some where. A fully sealed non breathable waterproof jacket is going to turn you into a boil or freeze in the bag ;).

soltour

Hi all,
I had until recently a Montane Event....It was very breathable and ultralight and lasted me quite sometime...The only snags were that the velcrose on the sleeves and zip caught at the inside and tore away some of that fabric, so if you get one make sure it doesnt contact inner...I finally ditched it because I couldnt seem to waterproof it anymore...use a five pound regatta plastic thing now

CopperBrompton

Bicycle: a means of transport between cake-stops
Crankarm said:
Can't see the point of spending silly money on something that may be no different from a much cheaper jacket. One's sweat has to go some where.
Which is what you pay the money for. Goretex does a so-so job at letting the sweat out, eVent does a fantastic job at it.

I had an Altura jacket before, and there is just no comparison.

JackE

Über Member
The new "light" range from Paramo is well worth considering. In over 30 years of hiking/cycling I've not found a waterproof jacket that breathes as well as Paramo. I have a Velez smock and it's the best jacket I've ever owned. The new Velez Adventure Light is lighter and not quite as warm as the older model, it sounds perfect for cycling.

Top Bottom