Rain, mudguards, sportive

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jimidh

Veteran
Not necessarily but will make for a less wet experience for yourself.

OP
OP
sneaky beaky

sneaky beaky

cheers, seems the right thing to do, at least for others sake - can't get cruds road mk2 to fit so will have to try sks tomorrow

Profpointy

Legendary Member
Mudguards are not cool apparently

I guess it follows that looking like you've had an attack of explosive dysentry coating your shorts, and up your jacket all the way to the top of your head is somehow more cool.

I don't understand this either, but since I'm far too cool to worry about looking cool, I've had mudguards for the last 40 years

OP
OP
sneaky beaky

sneaky beaky

Graeme Obree's 'The beastie' ...
been struggling to get something to fit with very tight clearance, but will try the sks tomorrow

good luck for Yorkshire tour, that will be great, watched the tdf a couple of years back, gr8 atmosphere

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
I have mudguards on my bikes all the time. I don't think I have ever ridden a bike without mudguards. Well, I probably have once or twice, while building a bike and test riding it ....

Do you want to be like me? Seriously?

(I'm playing the role of awful warning here, like those jailbirds they get to speak to kids who are considering a life of crime).

Trickedem

Guru
I would expect you to be in the minority if you have mudguards on your bike for a Sportive. It would be the opposite for an Audax ride. Another one of the differences

Top Bottom