Rain, Please Stop!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

thomas

the tank engine
Hmm, I hope the rain, thunder and lightening stops before I go home. I've also looked...and I might have a 16mph head wind on the way home...

Great.....and guess who couldn't be bothered to pack a jacket today :angry:

Wheeledweenie

Über Member
The thunder's over my office too. Sigh. Thank God for waterproof panniers.

OP
OP
thomas

thomas

the tank engine
I found when it's rained before that it makes people drive stupidly...hopefully tonight will be okay! Stick all my lights on.

Biscuit

Legendary Member
Hi,

I also decided to trade waterproofs for weight this morning. :biggrin:

I can see her face now, with that... I told you so look, whilst I'm made to strip off in the driveway, so as not to drip on the kitchen floor!! :angry:

Rainfall radar says I'm gonner get wet!

Biscuit

Andy 71

You don't need to worry about waterproofs - it's July!

The only thing I am concerned about is to keep the contents of my backpack dry - I'm not bothered about anything else.

I usually slip on a waterproof-ish cap under my bash-hat - the visor keeps the rain from my eyes and the head coverage stops my head getting too cold and rain water from running down my face.

Other than that, I tend to put up with it. If anything, it helps a lardy bloke like me to cool down!

Wheeledweenie

Über Member
I don't mind rain, it's the wind that comes with it and there's a lot.

Biscuit

Legendary Member
Me....I'm travelling east so a tail wind homeward tonight. As for keeping stuff dry, a double carrier bag for wallet and phone inside the mini rucksack should do the trick.
The rest shall just get wet. (Although I would like to read the rest of the Guardian when I get home).

How bad can it be?? Once you're wet through to the skin you ain't getting any wetter! Right?

Biscuit

OP
OP
thomas

thomas

the tank engine
Andy 71 said:
The only thing I am concerned about is to keep the contents of my backpack dry - I'm not bothered about anything else.

I stuck some mini speakers to my bag the other day so I could listen to music as I ride to work and they are sooooo not waterproof. Shame if I had to cut them off for tonight :tongue:

Wheeledweenie said:
I don't mind rain, it's the wind that comes with it and there's a lot.
I don't like wind at all, but don't mind getting wet. I have got a waterproof jacket but am not sure if I'll use it yet .. we've got some quite heavy and thundery showers kicking about so I might or might not be lucky.

But I've had some proper nasty headwinds on the way home for well over a week now and that's a bit of an irritation. Still, looking at the poplar trees outside my office that serve as a windsock it will be more a cross wind than a head wind, and a bit lighter than it has been also. :tongue:

Top Bottom