Rain Rain go away

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

KateK

and wind and cars driving through puddles and rained up glasses and wet legs and buffeting cross winds when lorries pass and....ooh....stop daydreaming....junction ahead........brake....brakes?.....brakes?.......braaaaaaakesHELLONICECARgetting closer and closer and am I going to ....nononono.....no? Thank god for that.

sidevalve

Über Member
Remember we are in a drought, just think how bad it would be if it was really raining.

rusky

CC Addict
I had full waterproofs on today but left the glasses at home so couldn't see where I was going! Also forgot to zip up the pocket on my jacket so my chest was damp when I got to work :sad:

OTOH, my disc brakes work but are noisy which came in handy when 2 school boys walked into the road without looking

rollinstok

I'm disgusted, gone are the days when you could feel quite confident about the weather for a nice cycle tour.
Cant even predict the next hour where I live.

rollinstok

Has anyone noticed that the "experts" who are heavily subsidized with taxpayers dough have stopped saying GLOBAL WARMING ?
They seem to much prefer " climate change " now... suppose that covers all the bases

Peteaud

Veteran
Typical Britain.

Drought and Flood at the same time

fail-owned-funny-pictures-hand-car-wash.jpg

OP
OP
KateK

KateK

Oooh rollinstok, you're going to get me going.. "Climate change" is more accurate because as a result of increased temperatures there will be more convection (hot air rising that makes clouds) and therefore more rain. Generally increasing temperature causes increased instabilities in weather systems.

OP
OP
KateK

KateK

"my disc brakes work "

I have foot brakes... or I would if they were nearer to the ground.

subaqua

What’s the point
Oooh rollinstok, you're going to get me going.. "Climate change" is more accurate because as a result of increased temperatures there will be more convection (hot air rising that makes clouds) and therefore more rain. Generally increasing temperature causes increased instabilities in weather systems.

Yaaaay somebody who gets it .

the only good thing about the rain is that the bike racks are not clogged when i get to work. fairweather cyclists pssshaw.

DaveW

The group I am about to start training with for our ride to Paris were planning to go out on our inaugural training ride after work today but we called it off due to this awful weather. Not the best start, wish this rain would just sod off!

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
I was going to ride my bike to my local lbs for some adjustments today, only 1 mile away but too wet and windy . Maybe tomorrow?

OP
OP
KateK

KateK

That's the trouble, if you don't have to go out it is too horrible to contemplate. I had to, and do you know, it actually was just as horrible as it looked!

Wonder Wheels

It's annoying here in Ayrshire, theres always one big turd of a raincloud hanging right overhead but everywhere else apart from straight up has white clouds and blue skies. I'm convinced it waits for me to go to the garage to get the bike, thats when it starts firing rain at me.

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...

I am (genuinely) baffled. Given 'Climate Change', and "as a result of increased temperatures there will be more convection (hot air rising that makes clouds) and therefore more rain", why have we had below average rainfall, and as a result drought conditions?

Top Bottom