Rain rain go away....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
The one day of the year you northern muppets have it better than us southern softies :laugh:

I had a colleague that was from Essex and he always went on how much better the weather was down there than up in Cheshire - he was working up here. It's been quite good up here this year, for a change.

C R

Guru
Beautiful bright sunshine here, but cool and bloody blowy, forecast 18mph "breeze" later on, that's it for my lunchtime wfh commute, I don't mind too much getting wet, but can't really be bothered battling a headwind.

Dry and very windy after heavy rain in the night. I was woken at 3 am to the sound of water dripping. It's coming from the upper roof that I had replaced professionally (8000€) about 7 years ago. The lower roof that I did myself 17 years ago remains water tight,
Now ensues a long discussion with the chap who installed it with him insisting that it doesn't leak.
I get on very well with the French but have accepted they can't possibly be at fault. We will get it fixed eventually but have to go through the ritual of getting acceptance that something aint right!

• Hugs
Reactions: C R

tom73

Guru
Steady-on, not yet! Wait for snow....
Snow quick get the bread in

OP
OP
Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Does this mean I need to find my long shorts?

Snowed in Cornwall Wednesday (Dad says) - didn't settle of course.

Oxon has a strong chill wind, but total clear blue skies; I'll take that (it is Autumn!)

Will the lorries keep you warm in Januuary, Fabbers?
Am assuming they just might...and form a useful windbreak :-(

When am back in Abbers during the winter am always struck by how much colder it is than Kentishlandbysea or Outer Faragia as I may now call it....or maybe Outer Govia, am undecided or maybe not sure....

Reactions: C R

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Very blowy out. Did my usual off road lunch circuit, only 2 minutes slower than normal, although saved a minute by clearing a technical climb on my route - only the third time ever - although third time this year :becool: - you've got to pick a specific route up it - bit like a Crystal Maze puzzle. ^_^

Outnumbered by these new fangled elctrickery bikes today, although left them for dust with the old crank iron - must have been the brand new drive chain.

Top Bottom