Raleigh 753 and my Bianchi frameset..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jags

Guru
IMG_20210113_132012.jpg
IMG_20210113_131236.jpg
IMG_20210113_141132.jpg
IMG_20210114_133935.jpg

AndyRM

XOXO
I like both of those. A lot.

OP
OP
J

jags

Guru
ill probably sell the bianchi frameset doubt i'll ever build it up.would 250 euro be a good price.

AndyRM

XOXO
ill probably sell the bianchi frameset doubt i'll ever build it up.would 250 euro be a good price.

It's always hard to judge these things, but I think that's probably a bit steep. While I love the look of it, and I'm a Bianchi fan, it's not particularly exotic. For context, I spent £400 on a Via Nirone (which I believe was the ML3's replacement 'model'), and that was for a full bike.

I'd say maybe 150 Euro would be the most you'd get. More realistically, 100.

You never know though, the market is weird right now!

OP
OP
J

jags

Guru
It's always hard to judge these things, but I think that's probably a bit steep. While I love the look of it, and I'm a Bianchi fan, it's not particularly exotic. For context, I spent £400 on a Via Nirone (which I believe was the ML3's replacement 'model'), and that was for a full bike.

I'd say maybe 150 Euro would be the most you'd get. More realistically, 100.

You never know though, the market is weird right now!
cheers Andy hell of a nice frameset for 100 euro lol.

midlife

Guru
Just out of curiosity what's the frame number of the Raleigh ? I guess the original forks are lost somewhere....

AndyRM

XOXO
cheers Andy hell of a nice frameset for 100 euro lol.

Don't disagree, and I'm definitely not trying to run the frame or the price down.

OP
OP
J

jags

Guru
Just out of curiosity what's the frame number of the Raleigh ? I guess the original forks are lost somewhere....
sb2021 753 special.bought it new back in 1980 fantastic bike i got it resprayed as probably can tell .i spent 2 days using paint restorer polish chrome polish because it was in storage for years so paint was pretty dull looks fantastic now,just bought new tail light fom halfords very good so if the rain stop i might go for a spin later tonight.

OP
OP
J

jags

Guru
Don't disagree, and I'm definitely not trying to run the frame or the price down.
i know that Andy ,appreciate your feed back.doubt i would let it go for 100 tho i bought it new and still in great nick,i look after my bikes washed and polished after ever spin i know i know im a geek but i enjoy it lol.

AndyRM

XOXO
i know that Andy ,appreciate your feed back.doubt i would let it go for 100 tho i bought it new and still in great nick,i look after my bikes washed and polished after ever spin i know i know im a geek but i enjoy it lol.

I wouldn't either to be honest. Get it built up and ridden!

midlife

Guru
sb2021 753 special.bought it new back in 1980 fantastic bike i got it resprayed as probably can tell .i spent 2 days using paint restorer polish chrome polish because it was in storage for years so paint was pretty dull looks fantastic now,just bought new tail light fom halfords very good so if the rain stop i might go for a spin later tonight.

Thanks :smile:. It was the lugs that got me wondering, plus the metal head badge. Was it originally gold or silver?

OP
OP
J

jags

Guru
Thanks :smile:. It was the lugs that got me wondering, plus the metal head badge. Was it originally gold or silver?
Gold red, can't see in the photo but cable guides are on top of bottom bracket .the forks I have on at the moment are carbon but I still have the original 753.

Top Bottom