Raleigh Chiltern

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Nice. :becool:

Makes me think about putting the mudguards/chainguard back onto my similar Raleigh 'City'

DSCN0038.JPG

OP
OP
Tail End Charlie

Tail End Charlie

Well, write it down boy ......
Nice. :becool:

Makes me think about putting the mudguards/chainguard back onto my similar Raleigh 'City'

View attachment 134254
That looks great @raleighnut dynamo lighting ticks the box for me and I love the bars and grips. I would put bodyguards on, makes the bike so much more useable. All my bikes have guards (actually not true, one doesn't, but guess which gets used the least) they are needed on the type of riding I do (laney routes).

cambez

I have a Raleigh Chiltern which possesses a 5-speed Sturmey Archer, has 'modern-looking' front forks and a Union dynamo which states it was made in West Germany. This doesn't match with every other Chiltern I have seen which are 3-speed and have typical Raleigh front folks with the circular impressions on the upper folks. The hub is dated 94-9, yet the dynamo was built in West Germany which collapsed before this date. Also, there are multiple decals and stickers confirming that it was built in Nottingham. Is this a late and/or more rare variant of the Chiltern model?
IMG_2818[1].JPG
IMG_2819[1].JPG

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Lovely bike. Any frame numbers that might help? I think items stamped Made in W.Germany probably carried it for quite a while after unification. I'm sure some of the Raleigh experts on here can help out. See what you mean about the unicrown forks.

If you haven't already make sure you get some blocks that work in the rain on those steel chromed rims otherwise you might be in for a bit of a shock.

Top Bottom