Raleigh m trax 2000 ti

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Picked this mid 90's Raleigh m-trax 2000 ti .

IMG_20180119_092953000.jpg

Needs a bit of tlc.

IMG_20180119_193407148.jpg

After a quick fettle tonight .

IMG_20180119_193412048.jpg

On inspection it's got limited edition Shimano Parallax hubs laced to a set of Weinmann Bontrager labelled rims .

IMG_20180119_193426992.jpg

Gearing is Shimano stx apart from the twist grips which are due for replacement by some paddle shifters .

IMG_20180119_194019342.jpg

And less I am mistaken a set of Campagnola flat bar brake levers .

At the moment struggling to release the top cap bolt on the stem extender so might need to get a bit brutal with it .

Last edited:

Drago

Legendary Member
'95?

PHL67

Veteran
One went in our local auction today. It went very cheap. Unbelievably cheap. Needed work but would have been nice. Same colours etc. I was shocked at how light it was. That had no suspension either. One less thing to worry about.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Picked this mid 90's Raleigh m-trax 2000 ti .

View attachment 392213

Needs a bit of tlc.

View attachment 392214

After a quick fettle tonight .

View attachment 392215

On inspection it's got limited edition Shimano Parallax hubs laced to a set of Weinmann Bontrager labelled rims .

View attachment 392216

Gearing is Shimano stx apart from the twist grips which are due for replacement by some paddle shifters .

View attachment 392217

And less I am mistaken a set of Campagnola flat bar brake levers .

At the moment struggling to release the top cap bolt on the stem extender so might need to get a bit brutal with it .
I have the exact same bike of which I bought from another CC member. Lovely, well made, surprisingly lightweight bike. Fun to ride also.

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
I have the exact same bike of which I bought from another CC member. Lovely, well made, surprisingly lightweight bike. Fun to ride also.

Must admit i am looking forward to riding this one and comparing it to my trusty old Marin

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it

does your's have twist grip gears or trigger gears ?

i am presuming somebody has been playing with this one and i intend to swap them for some trigger operate ones soon

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
A bit of tinkering this morning and we now have a trigger shifter on the rear that's working ok and a set of guards .

Next job is to do the front one and then swap the brake levers and replace the brake cables and work out what to do with that stem raiser .

This one will be a rolling project as i want to keep on using it as i replace bits .
mt.jpg

Top Bottom