Raleigh m trax 2000 ti

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
A bit of tinkering this morning and we now have a trigger shifter on the rear that's working ok and a set of guards .

Next job is to do the front one and then swap the brake levers and replace the brake cables and work out what to do with that stem raiser .

This one will be a rolling project as i want to keep on using it as i replace bits . View attachment 392635
Is it a riser or is it a quill to A-head adaptor.

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Is it a riser or is it a quill to A-head adaptor.

The fact that it clamps on to the fork steerer i presume its a riser , but at the moment the top cap bolt is just spinning so i presume the star nut is also turning

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
A bit more tinkering and wiping down on this one after a days worth of commuting yesterday proved successful , i noticed that not only are the brake levers are campag but so are the actual units as well , which i have never seen before .

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Fitted the matching fr trigger shifter tonight and had another look at the stem riser and the problem looks to be that the captive nut inside the star washer is just spinning , so got to work out a way of getting the old one out .

There are a few ideas on the internet so will try one or two of them and see what happens , its still ride able at the mo which is good .

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Ten minutes and hey presto one star nut and riser have been removed.

IMG_20180125_203410032.jpg
IMG_20180125_203433283.jpg

New star nut fitted ready for commuting on tomorrow.

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
[QUOTE 5133228, member: 43827"]Lovely bikes to ride. I bought one of those a few years back on Gumtree. It came fitted with a Pace RC35 suspension fork which the owner had fitted on backwards as he didn't realise the brakes were fitted behind the fork. Needless to say the handling was awful until I turned the fork around.[/QUOTE]

What a numpty

Top Bottom