Raleigh M-TRAX Ti 1000 frame repair

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Pete.H

Pete.H

So i understand that the main black painted tubes on this bike are titanium but the rear frame and seat post are chromoly. Going to welders to see what can be done

OP
OP
Pete.H

Pete.H

So not as easy as i thought☹️ no-one wants to weld the chromoly steel just in case it ruins the frame. I live in North Wales if anyone has a suggestion who will. Please let me know. (Bear in mind i have no car😆)

KneesUp

Guru
I've had some mods done by Vernon Barker, who were very friendly and helpful. They're in Sheffield though, but get in touch and see if they can help you - I think there is a direct train from Llandudno, or you could maybe courier it? If you do come up I guess you'd have to arrange with them that they'd do it on the day rather than leaving it with them.

Without wishing to put you off, it really no longer owes you anything. And if it was me doing the welding, I wouldn't want to try on a frame held together with glue.

Another suggestion might be a fibreglass "bandage". Think tape, not car filler. I used to know someone that did just such a thing with an e-stay bike and it lasted for ages!

Still, it does seem a lot of work. And you have a source of spares for your new bike. Seems like quite a good deal to me.

Top Bottom