Raleigh Record Ace frame 61cm with headset

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

philtalksbx

Über Member
I'm afraid the Record Ace frame has to go - it was a brilliant project through lockdown last summer and you can see the build thread here which gives a good idea of where it came from and what it has been through. It has been replaced so offering for £60 posted or slightly less for local pickup.

Big disclaimer, it was a rattle can paint job with multiple clear coats over the top. It never really hardened and so the paint remained a bit fragile. Winter use wasn't kind and it has many chips and scrapes - overall not my finest work in retrospect but not the end of the world. It did once have a couple of small dents in the top tube and the build thread shows how these were rolled out - nearly gone but still visible if you look hard.

On the upside it's 531c, weighs just over 3.2kg including the headset and is big at 61cm c-c. For a tall rider it handles really well. I'm 6'1" and rode it a lot over the winter but couldn't get away from it being just a fraction too big to be just right.

So, offered for sale here for £60 posted to mainland UK using Hermes or £50 picked up from Oxford. I hope that is a decent price even with the paintwork condition. I would like it to go to one of the community where it might get some love, so am offering here first - I'll give it a week and if not sold or at least in conversation then I'll transfer over to eBay.

If you have any questions please let me know.

597003 597005 597006 597015 597016

597010 597011 597012 597013 597014

Top Bottom