Raleigh Royal

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Whilst I was looking at the Rider brand ?? the same seller mentioned that he had owned a Raleigh Royal from near enough new .
IMG_20190316_170559130.jpg

IMG_20190316_170607768.jpg

So once I had dismissed the Rider I asked to have a look at the Royal .
IMG_20190316_170622789.jpg
IMG_20190316_170641017.jpg

Big mistake as I ended up bringing it home .

Last edited:

wisdom

Guru
No mistake there it's a cracker but.....

You should have bought both.:notworthy:

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
Whilst I was looking at the Rider the same seller mentioned that he had owned a Raleigh Royal from near enough new
So once I had dismissed the Rider I asked to have a look at the Royal
Big mistake as I ended up bringing it home .

Buying a top quality Tourer like a Raleigh Royal could only ever be considered a mistake if you paid well over the odds for it.
And given you are a seasoned steel bike owner who knows the market, I'd be very surprised if you didn't get a good deal.

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Buying a top quality Tourer like a Raleigh Royal could only ever be considered a mistake if you paid well over the odds for it.
And given you are a seasoned steel bike owner who knows the market, I'd be very surprised if you didn't get a good deal.

They always seem to go for a higher than average price and having owned a few in the past i like the way they ride and i am happy with what i paid for it considering the market and it's condition .

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
I've noticed they tend to fetch fairly strong money, just like the Dawes Galaxy often does. Never ridden a Royal, but the frame is very like the Galaxy, and I know they ride nicely so I would imagine the Royal is a similar ride. I wouldn't expect an outrageous bargain on either of those bike models unless scruffy or badly advertised. They both have a strong following amongst steel enthusiasts and they won't date badly unlike bikes done in garish multi-coloured liveries that were briefly all the rage at one time.

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Chrome forks ! What more could you want ?

It looks nice !

Large flanges

Top Bottom