Raleigh Stowaway 7

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Lincov

Hi all,

Has anyone ridden a Raleigh Stowaway 7, please? Any views? I don't really know what I'm looking for in a folder, apart from I want a reasonable number of gears!

I'm looking for a cheap folder for journeys up to 5 miles, can't justify the cost of a Brompton for the amount of use it will get!

TIA

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Dahon Vitesse is quite well thought of, might be worth investigating, another fifty quid though.

Sara_H

Guru
Dahon Vitesse is quite well thought of, might be worth investigating, another fifty quid though.
Second this. Although mine is a rebadged Vitesse, A Decathlon Hoptown (no longer available). It's a brilliant bike, very nippy.I manage all but the steepest of hills.
I use it with a klickfix basket and my Basil shoulder bag on the rack. Its great!
It's now being passed onto the OH as my Brompton's arriving next week. Woohooooo!

OP
OP
Lincov

Lincov

Second this. Although mine is a rebadged Vitesse, A Decathlon Hoptown (no longer available). It's a brilliant bike, very nippy.I manage all but the steepest of hills.
I use it with a klickfix basket and my Basil shoulder bag on the rack. Its great!
It's now being passed onto the OH as my Brompton's arriving next week. Woohooooo!
I've just had a look at Decathlon, thanks for the prompt hadn't thought of it before. Their Matex BFold 7 looks ok, any views on that anyone please?

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
I've yet to find a decathlon bike or store I didn't like. I'm tempted by a B'twin Tilt when I can find space and money. just for the hell of it, I don't need another folder, but y'know.

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
I've just had a look at Decathlon, thanks for the prompt hadn't thought of it before. Their Matex BFold 7 looks ok, any views on that anyone please?
Got a BFold 5 - which has no rack, steel (not alloy) frame and just 6 gears. It's the discontinued model down from the BFold 7
It's great for the money. Sure, it's no Brompton, but it's a good ride.

Top Bottom