Random musings of a first time tourer.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Random thoughts that came into my mind as I pedalled, and camped, the length of the country.

~~

You really don't have to take everything with you. Other places have shops, too.

Not all villages have shops. Get stuff when you can.

Tins of food with no ringpull are extremely annoying if you haven't got a tin opener.

WD40 comes in a, lighter, 100ml aerosol.
GT85 doesn't.

Many people in YHA hostels wear Corduroy trousers that are baggy in the ass region.

Collect+ is a marvelous, and cheap, way of sending un-needed stuff home to save carrying the weight.

Technology is a wonderful thing until the battery goes flat, or there's no signal. Paper maps are essential. If you get really cold, they could be set fire too to warm you up a bit.

When you roll your tent up, in the morning, flick the slugs off as they add unnecessary weight. (Unless, of course, you think they could be useful as an emergency chain lube...)

When you have opened a can of macaroni cheese to heat up for dinner, don't lick the lid if you're still wearing a midge net over your head.... Don't ask me how I know this! :laugh:

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
But did you enjoy it @PeteXXX ?
I bet you did

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
WD40 comes in a, lighter, 100ml aerosol.
GT85 doesn't.
3in 1 does and is better than WD40. Muc off and KMC come in 3ml (or is it 5ml?) tubes but they're expensive.

Technology is a wonderful thing until the battery goes flat, or there's no signal. Paper maps are essential.
Caching overcomes no signal. Cue sheets/lists overcomes flat battery. Power pack is a better overcome.

classic33

Leg End Member
Random thoughts that came into my mind as I pedalled, and camped, the length of the country.

~~

You really don't have to take everything with you. Other places have shops, too.

Not all villages have shops. Get stuff when you can.

When you roll your tent up, in the morning, flick the slugs off as they add unnecessary weight. (Unless, of course, you think they could be useful as an emergency chain lube...)

Don't ask me how I know this! :laugh:
Not everything has to be got in shops, and those slugs...
Dredge them in egg, and then in bread crumbs.
Deep fry in oil until golden brown, and serve while hot.

Classic Escargot -Let your snails/slugs purge themselves in a container of damp lettuce for 24 hours.
Bring one cup of water or white wine to a boil in a large saute pan, and pour in 2 cups of snails.

classic33

Leg End Member
But which of 3in1, MUc Off, KMC or WD 40 has the better flavour?
Castrol GTX.

I have used the dregs from discarded oil cartons in garage litter bins. Engine oil is a bit of dirt magnet.
To clean it off you can usually extract enough petrol from a pump nozzle.

Top Bottom