Random philiophy from the Ancient Greeks

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mustang1

Guru
The riddle of being burned alive.
When someone says somoene was burned alive (they were alive while they were getting burned), it seems to be different to burned dead (they are now dead after being burned) which is a bit like shot dead (they are now dead after being shot) whereas I never see anyone writing a person was shot alive so why write they were burned alive?

Falling off a building and being shot
You know that riddle that goes something like a murderer was going to the top floor to push someone off a building and kill him but changed his mind so came downstairs to a middle floor and emptied his gun by shooting it thru the window at the same time the guy who was going to get shot decided to commit suicide? What's the prognosis, whose fault was it in the end?

Who likes Colombo?
Is it Colombo or Columbo? Did the British go to Colombo then pronounce it Columbo? Did you know in some movie production company, the intro says "Columbia Pictures" and not Colombia Pictures? Anyway, I was talking about the TV program starring Peter Folk. That's all Fawkes.

Now shout nice and loud at your computer "POKER FACE" and write in this thread what reactions you got. Or don't. That is the answer. Hey why is there a phrase "That is the question" but not "That is the answer"? Please don't quote the "42" gibberish from that silly space book. BTW this had nothing to do with the Ancient Greeks yet therein lies the riddle. Yup, IDK either. Go figure. Or don't. Or do. Or do both. Like a cubit. You can be a bothit. Kind of.

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Lockdown is obviously getting to some of us........

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Non carborundum illegitimus...

Oh, sorry, that's the other ones, innit!

Confirms to me that philosophy however you spell it is bunk and a waste of breath.
Long been wary of anyone who spouts an interest in nattering about it.
Not been proved wrong yet.
Definitely don't let a philosophy fan anywhere near a gun.
Am sure you are a nice sort, get some fresh air.

Top Bottom