Randy Cousin

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gary r

Guru
not what you thought!!! that was the name board being held up by a taxi driver at LHR terminal 4 arrivals today.........made me chuckle and another addition to my post of unfashionable names:biggrin::biggrin:

I arrived at Bordeaux station once and by the official meeting point someone was holding up a name board saying "BASTARD".

philipbh

Spectral Cyclist
Hover Fly said:
I arrived at Bordeaux station once and by the official meeting point someone was holding up a name board saying "BASTARD".

I know a bloke, who knows a bloke called Bjorn Barstad - used to work for Telenor in Norway ;)

Vidor06

Long term loafer
I took my wife to Italy for her birthday a couple of years ago and the hotel we were staying in said they would be waiting at Bergamo airport with a sign. Happy days thought I. So we arrived at the airport and are the only flight so I look up and see a sign with Hughes written on it, so we wander over and he takes our bags outside and deposits them in a huge black Mercedes. I looked at the wife, she looked at me and we thought this was great. So he heads out onto the motorway and starts to motor away from Bergamo towards Milan. After about 20 minutes his phone went and he started looking at me strangely in the mirror. It turned out that there were 2 Mr & Mrs Hughes on the flight and we were not the ones he was after. So we had to turn around and head back to Bergamo. He dropped us off at the door of our hotel and demanded 50 Euro for the pleasure of his company. He was quite scary so I paid him and he scarpered.

oliglynn

Über Member
Haha! A guy at my work with surname Marriot was going to Turkey with a couple of groups of people from work, and had a minibus hired to take them all to the plant out there. Some random bloke got on their bus thinking it would take him to the Marriot hotel, and both groups of people thought he was with the others, while the actual Mr. Marriot was left stranded at the airport! Haha!

On the topic of funny names, a guy I knew had a client in Belgium called "Urek Unt" :smile:

philipbh

Spectral Cyclist
oliglynn said:
On the topic of funny names, a guy I knew had a client in Belgium called "Urek Unt" ;)

From Letters of Note dot com

http://tiny.cc/uu6ar

philipbh said:
I know a bloke, who knows a bloke called Bjorn Barstad - used to work for Telenor in Norway ;)
I was wasting time a while back looking at weather forecasts, when I came across this guy on the Accuweather site :biggrin:
ukie-joe-bastardi.gif

If he predicts rain, gales, etc. the name is pretty apt.

pjhill

As a newspaper sub-editor in Bristol a few years back I was under instruction never to shorten Michael Hunt's byline to Mike!

Speaking of all of these airport transfer stories - I wish I had the balls to pose as someone whose name is on a pickup board and see where I ended up. A mate and I talked about doing this once when we landed in cyprus for a conference...we were going to be Mr and Mrs Maude from Arsos (a place in Cyrpus)...

Top Bottom