Rangers Liquidation

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
Dundee and Dundee Utd together again! Fingers crossed.

C'mon now, let's balance it up... 'all the sectarian crap which every Rangers and Celtic fan seems to be full of'

I don't think Celtic are as bad, or at least the perception outside Scotland doesn't seem to bare that. Celtic play friendlies everywhere, Rangers get invited nowhere. I've met a few decent 'Gers fans but they do have a reputation that far exceeds Celtic for the kind of crap that Mad Doug is talking about. It wasn't Celtic fans that trashed the centre of Manchester.

Saying all that, I agree that it's a bad thing for the city to have one of the two rivals in such a deep mess and no decent Celtic fan should be happy about this situation.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
I was at school round about the time that Rangers had their 9 in a row and all that crap. The school was FULL of Rangers fans who acted like utter tools to be quite honest. I remember one of them brought in a fanzine once and quite frankly, I wouldn't have wiped my ar*se with it.

The few Celtic fans there were, were generally polite and courteous in comparison, and I don't believe it was self preservation either. That said, I didn't go to a Catholic School (I'm not a Catholic anyway), but I have been told the difference between a Rangers fan and a Celtic fan a few times since and, I'm afraid, if I had to choose, I'd be a Celtic fan any day, the lesser off two evils and all that.

Of course, there will always be the lunatic fringe on both sides, I'm not denying that, but generally, I have always found Rangers fans to be a lot more obnoxious about things.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Hooray, following the meeting, they have not got into the SPL, justice has been served!

What this means in the long run for all the other clubs I don't know, but hey, I don't really care for most of them anyway!

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
So, how many clubs will vote for the Huns to spare them Division 3? I rather hope enough, and I'm surprised I feel that way.

redcard

Veteran
So, how many clubs will vote for the Huns to spare them Division 3? I rather hope enough, and I'm surprised I feel that way.

They were saying that at least 11 are for them going to 3, so it's looking to be a close call - think It's majority rules.

I'm looking forward to seeing them in division 3, not because I dislike the evil cretins, but for the sheer novelty value and the interest it could bring to Scottish football.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
They were saying that at least 11 are for them going to 3, so it's looking to be a close call - think It's majority rules.

I'm looking forward to seeing them in division 3, not because I dislike the evil cretins, but for the sheer novelty value and the interest it could bring to Scottish football.
LOL some of the score lines might be interesting.

PaulB

Legendary Member
I am always astonished and saddened by the extent these bigot brothers STILL go to, even today! As recently as 2007, I was covering an interventional procedure with a Glaswegian Radiologist in Glasgow Royal Infirmary and we went from his consulting suite to the operating theatre changing room. We got in there and he asked me if I dug with my left or right foot. It took a second or two for this to sink in and he saw straight away I was confused at the question so he informed me that the theatre clothes, one standard colour in every other operating suite I've ever been in, were available in blues or greens and I should dress accordingly. Apparently, there had been times when the laundry had washed/dried an over-abundance of one colour leaving a shortage of the other, that surgeons, anaesthetists and senior members of staff REFUSED to dress in the 'wrong' colour so withdrew their labour until the 'right' colour for them had turned up! These are educated people I am mentioning here. To think that in this day and age, such petty-minded trivialities are high on the agenda of 'essential rivalry' in parts of Scotland!

So the Huns can cease to exist, as far as I'm concerned.

snorri

Legendary Member
This morning we have a spokesman from the fairlyland world of professional football warning of "social unrest" in the land if Rangers don't get restored to the higher echelons.:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
I am always astonished and saddened by the extent these bigot brothers STILL go to, even today! As recently as 2007, I was covering an interventional procedure with a Glaswegian Radiologist in Glasgow Royal Infirmary and we went from his consulting suite to the operating theatre changing room. We got in there and he asked me if I dug with my left or right foot. It took a second or two for this to sink in and he saw straight away I was confused at the question so he informed me that the theatre clothes, one standard colour in every other operating suite I've ever been in, were available in blues or greens and I should dress accordingly. Apparently, there had been times when the laundry had washed/dried an over-abundance of one colour leaving a shortage of the other, that surgeons, anaesthetists and senior members of staff REFUSED to dress in the 'wrong' colour so withdrew their labour until the 'right' colour for them had turned up! These are educated people I am mentioning here. To think that in this day and age, such petty-minded trivialities are high on the agenda of 'essential rivalry' in parts of Scotland!

So the Huns can cease to exist, as far as I'm concerned.

Oh yes, I have some relatives like that, they won't even touch anything green if they can help it. Infantile is not anywhere near a strong enough word to describe it.
They came to celebrate new year with us one year, and my Dad, bless 'Em had gone out and bought party poppers for it. Except that... Shock horror, they were green. I won't even bother with the rest of this story, but suffice to say, certain poppers were left untouched by the end of the night.

Oh yes, and if you go into a Celtic bar, you can't ask for a Vodka and Orange, you have to ask for a Vodka and Gold! Etc etc.

This morning we have a spokesman from the fairlyland world of professional football warning of "social unrest" in the land if Rangers don't get restored to the higher echelons.:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

I was hearing a debate about Scottish independence on the radio one day, and they were having a phone in.

One deranged oaf (who probably had hairy palms to boot) phoned in and basically said that if Scotland became independent, then *of course* (he said this as if it was as clear as day) the Catholics and the Protestants would want the same and before we knew it we would have a civil war.... and then.... of course others would want this and and that and.... and.... well.... where would it all end?!

I didn't know whether to laugh or cry, I mean, do these people actually think that almost anyone with half a brain takes them seriously?

toroddf

LOL some of the score lines might be interesting.

Hmm...... With their players gone/going south after refusing transfer to a newco, a possible transfer & signing ban for players over 20 years old or so and a lot of off field problems, I think they may be fighting a relegation battle if admitted into division 1. A battle they probably would loose. I am not convinced they would even breeze through Division 3 if admitted there. I think the new local Queens Park - Rangers derby may be a bit more exciting than the Rangers supporters would like.

When in turmoil, seek stability first and then progress.

Top Bottom