Rant

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
Went for a club ride this morning had a great ride out to hertford, got to the cafe had scrambled eggs on toast, lovely, our ride back started really well, lots of hills hard work but good, i thought we were going straight back to Enfield, but the leader decides to divert, no probs a longer ride tham expected, anyway we end up on unmade gravel roads through about three differant parks through the mud, one guy came of his bike, no damage apart from his pride, my Bianchi covered in mud and leaves looks more like an mtb, i thought i was joining a road ride, pissed of.
Rant over, i feel better know. lol

al-fresco

Growing older but not up...
The Surly site used to have a quote along the lines of "When I see a bike looking all new and pristine without any scuffs or scratches... I feel kind of sad." ;)

darth vadar

Über Member
I remember taking my new pride and joy along part of the Trans Pennine Trail and when I got home it looked a right mess.

A good clean up sorted it out, but I felt like I had been violated and now refuse to take my bike out anywhere where I think it will get filthy again !!!!

screenman

Legendary Member
Offer to organise the ride next time, that way you have control. Sounds like a whinge more than a rant to me.

D

Deleted member 1258

The Surly site used to have a quote along the lines of "When I see a bike looking all new and pristine without any scuffs or scratches... I feel kind of sad." ;)

+1 on that, theres nothing worse than a bike that looks like it has never been used, bikes pick up chips, scrapes and scratches during day to day use, they are part of your history together.

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
I once did a CTC ride that involved a mile of somewhat bumpy bridle path.
On my carbon road bike.
With the brand new, never-been-ridden-before handbuilt Open Pros.
It was all OK, but for a few minutes I was terrified it wouldn't...

snorri

Legendary Member
If you had signed up for an on-road run and the leader decided off his own bat to introduce a bit of off-road, then he was wrong. What did the others in the group say about the diversion?
It's always a good thing to know where you are, there are many ways in which you can become separated from a group.

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
State of the lanes around here it's difficult to know whether you are on or off road much of the time. A quick spray of caravan cleaner followed by a gentle hose down and then all over spray of GT 80 leaves the bike pristine.

Top Bottom