rapha cafe soho,anyone ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tinywheels

Über Member
popped in for quick refreshments with Mrs tiny wheels. took a butchers at the clothing rails.
First up.the coffee was dreadful,almost undrinkable.
the whole establishment including the staff,were enough to make me contemplate throwing myself under a bus.
Is it me? would be interesting to hear others viewpoint.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
'Great coffee and awesome friends' said one of the two five star reviews on FB.

Only been in once years ago. Coffee was fine from what I remember. I'm sure the people who go there regularly would correct them if the coffee was wrong.

OP
OP
tinywheels

tinywheels

Über Member
Can you say more? How?
miserable staff , not in the least bit welcoming. I frequent a lot of upmarket establishments,and can say with some authority, Raphas staff,welcome and coffee shop are below parr. Quite frankly I would rather nip into anyone of the plethora of small businesses in the surrounding area.
any way,moving on. no wonder the place was nigh on empty. Drowned my sorrows elsewhere ^_^

miserable staff , not in the least bit welcoming. I frequent a lot of upmarket establishments,and can say with some authority, Raphas staff,welcome and coffee shop are below parr. Quite frankly I would rather nip into anyone of the plethora of small businesses in the surrounding area.
any way,moving on. no wonder the place was nigh on empty. Drowned my sorrows elsewhere ^_^ View attachment 617365
ah well - suppose it's not a great surprise - a cafe from a clothing BRAND.

i used to like a place called J think the Amalfi - really nice 50s interior - don't know if it's the same/still there.
My advice - avoid cafes from the likes of Gucci/Levis/VANs whatever.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
I just looked up where it is. I must have walked past it hundreds of times and never noticed it.

My office (that I no longer visit) is not far from there.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
I think of lot of it maybe is due to the fact it’s in that there Larndon. My experience of cafes and bars there is that the staff aren’t exactly going to come over the counter and make love to you. Establishments in the sticks tend to be more friendly. As for atmosphere each place makes its own.

I think of lot of it maybe is due to the fact it’s in that there Larndon. My experience of cafes and bars there is that the staff aren’t exactly going to come over the counter and make love to you. Establishments in the sticks tend to be more friendly. As for atmosphere each place makes its own.
never been, but I can't help but think that it will be full of folk ever so casually trying to let folk catch a glimpse of their Rapha labels.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Soho is chock full of cafés, many of them I've been to and they are very good (of course the chain ones like Starbucks or Pret are identical everywhere). I think the problem here is that this isn't primarily a café, it's a fancy sports clothing brand who happen to have tried dabbling in selling coffee. That's not going to end well.

Nothing to do with London stereotypes.

Top Bottom