rapha cafe soho,anyone ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
Went a few years ago, agree vile coffee (I don't like overly strong mud-like coffee) and utterly pointless. I doubt I'm their target customer though.

Last edited:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
There is one in Manchester - and frequented by it's own cycling club. Never been, but the club are stuck up pricks. I've encountered them whilst out on my road bike, in full lycra, but been blanked by them. Not one person had the energy to even lift a hand.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Soho is chock full of cafés, many of them I've been to and they are very good (of course the chain ones like Starbucks or Pret are identical everywhere). I think the problem here is that this isn't primarily a café, it's a fancy sports clothing brand who happen to have tried dabbling in selling coffee. That's not going to end well.

Nothing to do with London stereotypes.

When I worked in Soho there was a couple of sandwich bars I used for lunch.

Good food, super fast service, and the staff recognised you as a regular.

For reasons I know not, a lot of the Soho sandwich bars were owned by people from Malta.

For reasons I know not, a lot of the Soho sandwich bars were owned by people from Malta.
mm - well going way back even further than your soho days I think there was a significant maltese organised crime presence in that area. Folks you wouldn't want to mess or even share a drink with.

Many of the italian caffs in london have disappeared as the families moved on up and away and gentrification took hold.

Still these folks in the east end though.

https://epellicci.co.uk/our-story/

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler

There are still a fair few privately run cafes and sandwich bars where you get good service. They are thinner on the ground than they used to be and are all but gone in some areas. Whether they are Maltese I don't know.

By the way, how do you make a Maltese Cross?

Tenkaykev

Guru
There are still a fair few privately run cafes and sandwich bars where you get good service. They are thinner on the ground than they used to be and are all but gone in some areas. Whether they are Maltese I don't know.

By the way, how do you make a Maltese Cross?
I don't Falcon know, how do you make a Maltese Cross?

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
how do you make a Maltese Cross?
Stamp on his foot

(According to my grandad, who also knew how to make a Swiss roll and a Venetian blind)

Last edited:

Norry1

Legendary Member
Only been in once - whilst one of the Grand Tours was on.

I quite enjoyed it, decent coffe and a sarnie - big screens and some interesting displays (EF kit as I recall).

Been in there a few times;coffee always good*and staff ok** (clothing staff are usually very good).

*This all depends on how people like their coffee of course.

**This also depends on what people want from staff as I know only too well:rolleyes:

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
mm - well going way back even further than your soho days I think there was a significant maltese organised crime presence in that area. Folks you wouldn't want to mess or even share a drink with.

Many of the italian caffs in london have disappeared as the families moved on up and away and gentrification took hold.

Still these folks in the east end though.

https://epellicci.co.uk/our-story/

Yes, the Maltese were known for organised crime, and Soho in those days often meant vice, particularly peep shows and mucky mags.

Milzy

Guru
Rapha have some nice garments but around much of Yorkshire you’re a pretentious pr!ck for wearing it. Though you could wear something more expensive like Assos & be fine. O_o

Top Bottom