rapha cafe soho,anyone ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
tinywheels

tinywheels

Über Member
Rapha have some nice garments but around much of Yorkshire you’re a pretentious pr!ck for wearing it. Though you could wear something more expensive like Assos & be fine. O_o
yeah, kinda weird how they have managed to generate so much negativity in a short space of time.
perhaps it's the noobs who have snuck into the cycling scene in recent years..Most of the twats wouldn't know fausto coppi if he bit them on their arse.

They've come from nowhere and now are everywhere. I guess they can cope with a bit of negativity with that turnover.

Milzy

Guru
Personally I like Castelli. Yeah it’s common as muck but it performs great & looks nice without going for that luxury look but still isn’t cheap. I’ve even got casual t-shirts with the red scorpion now.

yello

Ah yes, I remember back in the good old days when Rapha were just starting out... somewhere in north London... Kentish Town??

Seriously though, I was out for one of my exploratory walks one Sunday and came across their place. They were aiming 'top end' even back then, knew their market and stuck to it. A confident, model business plan as it were. Fair play to them I say. It must have been hard going in the beginning, and they have reaped the rewards now for it.

Ignoring the cost, I really can't knock their gear. It is (or certainly was, I can't speak to it today) superb quality - design, made and function. I can't say I've ever had a latte from them, but they did honour their lifetime guarantee for me on a pair of much loved (and no longer made) gloves... mailed them back to me in France, free of charge, with a freebie musette. That's the kind of service you're paying for.

Last edited:
Top Bottom