Raptobike Tilting trike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tongskie01

A wee vijo for you.

Retro-fit too !

interesting. i got to get one and fit it on my raptobike

Fiona N

Veteran
I don't understand - why would you add two wheels so closely spaced and all the tilting stuff? I can't see any real benefits but lots of cons

... maybe just another boy's toy :biggrin:

tongskie01

I don't understand - why would you add two wheels so closely spaced and all the tilting stuff? I can't see any real benefits but lots of cons

... maybe just another boy's toy :biggrin:

something to do with cornering. it will act more like a bike rather than a trike. cornering better without loss of speed.

BenM

Veteran
depending on the stiffness of the tilt mechanism you could probably stop pretty much like a trike as well - so no falling off at lights :biggrin:

Fiona N

Veteran
May well extend some owners riding seasons, it is good to see manufacturers trying new things.

Well, the rear wheels would fit more easily in the wheel ruts (both wheels in one rut that is, the 'central reservation' is too high to have a wheel in each) in the snow than the WIndcheetah front wheels, I suppose. But I'm still not convinced :smile:

I'm not sure but from reading about this on other forums, its going to get a full fairing.
That way you may end up with the best of both worlds.
Faster corning due to not lifting the inside wheel than a non-tilting trike and more stability in cross winds than on two wheels.
If so it could be ........ :biggrin: :wub: :biggrin:

Well, the rear wheels would fit more easily in the wheel ruts (both wheels in one rut that is, the 'central reservation' is too high to have a wheel in each) in the snow than the WIndcheetah front wheels, I suppose. But I'm still not convinced :smile:

I was really thinking for existing owners who got nervous of the winter wet rather than snow.

Top Bottom