Rate my meatballs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
I cheated and used a recipe

20180415_175939.jpg

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
Chicken in recycling
What a waste. That would have been absolutely fine, unless it actually smelt rank.

^^^^^^ this

As a YS veteran I can attest to the fact that there is usually a good bit of leeway on dates. For fresh meat, a day or two over is perfectly fine. A friend who works in the food industry (writing food safety specs) says exactly the same.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
What a waste. That would have been absolutely fine, unless it actually smelt rank.
Absolutely, You can see and smell if food is off. If the food is green or has visible signs of mould then it is off. Use by, and sell by dates are the scourge of the consumer. It frightens many people into binning perfectly good food as soon as the clock turns midnight.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
To be fair, the Food Standards Agency disagrees. But I've frequently eaten food after the use-by date, and none of it has given me food poisoning yet. It might be different if I were vulnerable to infections, of course.

Absolutely, You can see and smell if food is off. If the food is green or has visible signs of mould then it is off. Use by, and sell by dates are the scourge of the consumer. It frightens many people into binning perfectly good food as soon as the clock turns midnight.

On the flip side, it also opens up the wonderful and crazy world of Yellow Stickering... :laugh: I actually find it rather amusing that I'm buying food at a point where most people would be throwing it away. :blush:

@Mrs M could still have cooked it no probs. And if in doubt, she could do what I do - test it on the cats... :whistle:

OP
OP
Mrs M

Mrs M

Guru
Mr M is having investigations for tummy issues.
Didn’t want to risk finishing him off :dry:

Andy_R

Hard of hearing..I said Herd of Herring..oh FFS..
Either get a room, or just stop it you two. Stop showing each other pictures of your pussies, or I'm complaining to the management. This is a thread about Coque after all...

Top Bottom