Rate this Cannondale...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

plastic_cyclist

Is this a good deal ? My hometown, so if, maybe and but....I could get someone to nab it for me....

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Cannonda...855384?hash=item2d0c3d0ad8:g:6hYAAOSwUSleyRrR

Im not desperate for a new bike as my Tricross is doing okay, but eventually I would like a first bike and make the Tricross a winter option....I'm just keeping an eye on anything that pops up that's worth it, I can't help feel I'm missing out with all this good weather.

vickster

Legendary Member
I’d say thats rather overpriced given its age and especially with the stated issues, but these are strange times for bike prices. And 20000 miles? :ohmy::ohmy: I wouldn’t pay half that for it

And why not just stick some narrower slicker tyres on the Tricross?

Last edited:
OP
OP
plastic_cyclist

plastic_cyclist

I’d say thats rather overpriced given its age and especially with the stated issues, but these are strange times for bike prices. And 20000 miles? :ohmy::ohmy: I wouldn’t pay half that for it

And why not just stick some narrower slicker tyres on the Tricross?

Well, I was actually thinking about this as well, but more so buying a spare set of wheels with the tyres on and just swapping them about.

DRM

Guru
I wouldn't touch that with a barge pole at that price, especially with the stated faults, it needs to be a lot cheaper, if the seat post is seized then it hasn't been looked after as far as I'm concerned, creaky bottom bracket too, makes me wonder what the seller isn't telling you

DRM

Guru
Bikes with seized seatposts are hard to give away.
Especially carbon frames with stuck seat posts, trouble is some unsuspecting person will buy it, then come on here for advice to free it off.

Jody

Stubborn git
Bikes with seized seatposts are hard to give away.

For this reason alone I wouldn't go near it other than it being cheap enough to strip and sell the components.

As Vickster said it's a crazy time in the used bike market. I was having a look last night and there was the same year/model/spec as my MTB. Bidding was higher than what I paid for mine 7 YEARS ago.

Top Bottom