Ravenous!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Every time I come back from a ride, I am absolutely ravenous and go through the kitchen cupboards and fridge for something to eat. With this sort of behaviour, I don't think I will ever lose weight that way ! :sad:At least, I still enjoy my rides. :thumbsup:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
With the amount of cycling I do I am constantly hungry. Sometimes I think I could win Gold at The World Eating Championships.

screenman

Legendary Member
Cold porridge was my answer to that one. Google it there are a few recipes. I wanted something quick, solid and comforting, worked for me and still part of the diet.

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
Big glass of milk, half a banana then a tomato cuppa soup for me. Normally find myself snacking too though..

ScotiaLass

Guru
Every time I come back from a ride, I am absolutely ravenous and go through the kitchen cupboards and fridge for something to eat. With this sort of behaviour, I don't think I will ever lose weight that way ! :sad:At least, I still enjoy my rides. :thumbsup:
I'm like that too.
I tend to have some cornflakes with skimmed milk :smile:

D

Deleted member 1258

Its strange I get back from a long ride and I can't eat, I'm not interested in food, however a few hours later, or the next day, I will have the serious munches.

speccy1

Its strange I get back from a long ride and I can't eat, I'm not interested in food, however a few hours later, or the next day, I will have the serious munches.
That happens to me, I never did understand it

BrynCP

Über Member
Oddly enough the longer I stay on a bike the less ravenous I am :wacko:

I'm a bit like this. With me I am sure it's psychological: I put so much effort in, and as weight loss is still a target of mine, I don't want to "undo" that effort by eating any more than strictly necessary.

When I first started cycling, 3-5 days a week I was eating only 800 calories and burning off 300+ cycling (short, 12-15 mile rides back then). I know this is bad, but it helped me to get started with my weight loss.

Moodyman

Legendary Member
I didn't realise how much I ate until I got ill before Xmas. Been driving to work (cycle normally), but the wife has been making the same amount of lunch - been struggling to eat half of what I would usually put away easily.

Putting more weight after taking up sports or a physical activity I suppose is nothing new. The mind gets fooled and the stomach capacity increases. Best is not to eat, just have a lightly flavoured drink and wait at least an hour.

runner

Guru
Every morning I leave the house having consumed a large bowl of porridge and seeded brown toast with tea. My clothes are pre heated on the radiators I am ready to face the day I tend to snack all day and always carry frusli fruit bars as there have been occasions when I have found myself running empty and a snack bar saves the day!!

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Putting more weight after taking up sports or a physical activity I suppose is nothing new. The mind gets fooled and the stomach capacity increases. Best is not to eat, just have a lightly flavoured drink and wait at least an hour.

Wrong. You should eat asap, just don't be a pig!

Top Bottom