Ravenous!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PK99

Legendary Member
Wrong. You should eat asap, just don't be a pig!

In the 30/60 minute window after a ride (esp a tough training ride,) you need to replenish lost nutrients and kick start the muscle repair process. A mix of protein and carbs

Out at 9, back at 12.
A banana and half a pint of milk.
shower.
tuna sandwich

byegad

Legendary Member
I've posted this before but I feel it's worth repeating. After a lay off from my regular 4-5 x 20miles/week I come home from a ride exactly as the OP describes. However after a week or so of my normal routine that goes away.

Having had the dreaded lurgy since the 22nd of December I fully expect to go through this again when I eventually get out on the trike. I'll eat as much as i want for the first week or so and then won't want to.

Part of the reason I ride the mileages I do, is so that I can go out at the weekends, go to my favourite restaurants, and actually be able to eat whatever I want from the menu, enjoy a drink or two, and not put any weight on. Riding does give me a healthy appetite as well.:smile: The fact I live in a building that has a fine dining restaurant / a bar, and a nightclub down stairs, doesn't help. The chef in charge of the deserts is top notch as well. If I didn't ride so much, I'd be a lard arse of the highest order by now ^_^

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Part of the reason I ride the mileages I do, is so that I can go out at the weekends, go to my favourite restaurants, and actually be able to eat whatever I want from the menu, enjoy a drink or two, and not put any weight on
Well if not putting weight on is your only concern, that's fine, but cycling does not give you complete carte blanche and you may still be trashing some organs... although as long as your "favourite restaurants" aren't either junk or exceptionally rich, it's probably not that bad.

Well if not putting weight on is your only concern, that's fine, but cycling does not give you complete carte blanche and you may still be trashing some organs... although as long as your "favourite restaurants" aren't either junk or exceptionally rich, it's probably not that bad.

All things in moderation.:smile:

Top Bottom