Rc boats.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
Anyone else play with them or race them. Got back into them last year, was not able to ride, needed something to play with. Now a couple of us go to the local once a week. Mostly 2 stroke motors. A bit of nitro. Never got into electrics. But it's never to late. Boats already to go for Friday, weather permitting.

Attachments

• IMG_20220515_124034.jpg
    IMG_20220515_124034.jpg
    170 KB · Views: 12

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Never got into those sort of boats but remember when I was about 14 building a simple flat bottom hull out of ply and sticking a Davies Charlton diesel on a pylon at the back and sending it across the local boating lake in the park. Walter the softies beautiful sailing yacht would sometimes suffer a knock or two.
Much later I built a corvette or destroyer in balsa and ply from a kit. Never returned to boats after that.

Jody

Stubborn git
Anyone else play with them or race them. Got back into them last year, was not able to ride, needed something to play with. Now a couple of us go to the local once a week. Mostly 2 stroke motors. A bit of nitro. Never got into electrics. But it's never to late. Boats already to go for Friday, weather permitting.

Always wanted one as a kid. Local model boating lake near us had these things whizzing round at crazy speeds.

Didn't envy them when wading out to retrieve when broken down or out of fuel.

OP
OP
derrick

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
Always wanted one as a kid. Local model boating lake near us had these things whizzing round at crazy speeds.

Didn't envy them when wading out to retrieve when broken down or out of fuel.

We have a rescue boat, no wadding allowed the lake is 30 ft deep in parts,:laugh:

Jody

Stubborn git
We have a rescue boat, no wadding allowed the lake is 30 ft deep in parts,:laugh:

I was surprised the first time I saw a person stood up in the middle. I had no idea it was only waste deep the whole way across as the other half of the lake is for jet ski's, so is obviously deeper.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
I've often fancied an R/C boat, but something serene like a sail boat.

Top Bottom