RD fitting question

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Willam

In the process of fitting a Shamino RD, watched a load of videos which has helped but one has me a little confused, it mentioned when fitting to make sure the B screw is not blocked behind something when fitting? I couldn’t make out what it was referring to? Anyone explain what this could mean? I understood the B screw setting process but not sure what was meant by that comment?

In the process of fitting a Shamino RD, watched a load of videos which has helped but one has me a little confused, it mentioned when fitting to make sure the B screw is not blocked behind something when fitting? I couldn’t make out what it was referring to? Anyone explain what this could mean? I understood the B screw setting process but not sure what was meant by that comment?
you need to pull the mech back so that the B screw rests against the notch on the hanger - if not pulled back the B screw will miss the notch.

(by the way, were are you/ posting such things at half three in the morning)

OP
OP
Willam

Willam

you need to pull the mech back so that the B screw rests against the notch on the hanger - if not pulled back the B screw will miss the notch.

(by the way, were are you/ posting such things at half three in the morning)

glad you understood the question as it wasn’t worded great.

So if the B screw changes the distance between the jockey wheel and the chain does that mean I have it fitted correctly? Or can it still be fitted incorrectly?

(I work nights to answer your question)

OP
OP
Willam

Willam

Sounds like you have it right. It’s unlikely you’d get the derailleur bolted on fully if the B screw had fouled the tab.
I’m starting to understand now, seems my RD hanger goes straight down, not 90 degrees so the B screw can’t rest on the stop plate, does this sound right?

The bike came with a shamino 4100 shadow RD if that matters? Does it fit differently? Replacing with the same

Edit worked it out, the fixing bolt is on an arm that can swing 90 degrees.

Attachments

• 2CE38D39-E687-4156-9120-DBBA41DFC647.jpeg
    2CE38D39-E687-4156-9120-DBBA41DFC647.jpeg
    47.7 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Top Bottom