Re- Hook tyre levers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hello was just watching a video for rehook tyre levers, and was wondering if anyone has used them ? I have some arthritis in my hands and the video made it look quite easy to use.
Failing that does anyone know of any other product that makes removing tyres a wee bit easier, thanks

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
similar thread started earlier this year regarding the 'tyre glider'. Does your device show 'similar threads' below the posts? (down there ⬇️ )

if not, see tyre lever alternative

I suppose a lot of it depends on the tyre. For years I could remove standard knobbly MTB tyres without needing any levers, but now i'm on Schwalbe Big Apple tyres, they're a bugger to get on and off even with levers :sad:

OP
OP
downesy

downesy

Veteran
similar thread started earlier this year regarding the 'tyre glider'. Does your device show 'similar threads' below the posts? (down there ⬇️ )

if not, see tyre lever alternative

I suppose a lot of it depends on the tyre. For years I could remove standard knobbly MTB tyres without needing any levers, but now i'm on Schwalbe Big Apple tyres, they're a bugger to get on and off even with levers :sad:

Thanks I did a search not very well obviously ha , mine are marathon plus , but will go to the other thread now but thanks for your help 👍

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
You can disagree as is your prerogative but even after watching the how to videos for advice i found on my rim /tyre combo`s it doesnt get under the bead enough to lift it over the edge due to the width being to wide to get under properly and the groove to reseat the tyre on the rim is too narrow to sit properly on the rim edge .For me it proofed a pointless purchase and i resorted to standard levers to get the job done a lot quicker.
If you have a different experience then good on you but a number of the CC collective have also found the tyre glider not to be the panacea it claims to be,

Peter Salt

Bittersweet
You can disagree as is your prerogative but even after watching the how to videos for advice i found on my rim /tyre combo`s it doesnt get under the bead enough to lift it over the edge due to the width being to wide to get under properly and the groove to reseat the tyre on the rim is too narrow to sit properly on the rim edge .For me it proofed a pointless purchase and i resorted to standard levers to get the job done a lot quicker.
If you have a different experience then good on you but a number of the CC collective have also found the tyre glider not to be the panacea it claims to be,
Send it to someone who can use it then, like the OP.

P.S. Their website does state quite clearly that it works for rims with tyre hook width of up to 3.3mm :okay:

simongt

Guru
Thought about the much vaunted Tyre Glider, which was conspicuous by it's absence at the York Rally this year, but decided that a combo of Pedro tyre levers plus backup of a pair of Topeak long steel ones will shift the stubbornest tyre so haven't invested. :okay:

Top Bottom