Re lighting the FIRE

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bagpuss

Guru
Not done alot of cycling by my standards for the last 3 years . I used to ride a few long audax rides . I 'am still happy riding up to 70/80 miles . I need some motivation . Anyone got any idea's ?

slow down

Buying new kit (or yet another bike) is probably the best, but most expensive, option. Or set yourself a target, with a treat of something new once you achieve it.

TVC

Enter something for charity, once the sponsorship pledges start coming in you'll find it easier to stay commited to it. Mrs C did the Great Notts Ride this year (50miles), and knowing there was £250 riding on it pushed herself hard to train up for the distance.

OP
OP
B

bagpuss

Guru
relighting the FIRE

Hmmm . Thank you all for your input . I 'am already working on the Missus for my 50 th next year with regarding some carbon fiber all singing and dancing machine . How I think losing some lard from my waist line is a first option or all I with end up with sporty lard/ go faster middle ages spread !
I do not own a car myself , so I am already there on that account . So its a real goal I have to find . E to E .....done it! PBP ......90 hrs on a bike .......and end up with a BSA . Keep the idea's coming .

OP
OP
B

bagpuss

Guru
Target found after talking to a mate . It's a fair way off next April . The hell of the Cotswolds 100k off road . Mind you it should of dried out by then !
He is a fit git so I 'am going to have to work for this one .

Find a buddy to ride with so you can encourage each other (this works the best for me)
Enter an event (also good for me)
Think of it as a treat for yourself and your body (depends how I'm feeling about myself on the day)
Cycle out to a cafe and promise yourself a nice piece of cake and a cup of tea (carrot and stick - or even cake and stick - always a winner)

Top Bottom