Reaction to Deep Muscle Injection

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
That's it really. On Friday I had said injection into my right butt. Injection was fine but by Saturday morning I was hobbling. Whole glute was sore. By Sunday I had a painful swelling on the right at the base of my spine/top of glute.

I'm still in pain. I have to have these every three weeks and I belive it does settle down but had it been on a weekday, I'd struggle to cycle.

Anyone else had a reaction to any injection.

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
Chuffing hell you've got it rough at the moment Foss.

lesley_x

Über Member
My butt doesn't like diclofenac injections, it bruises quite badly and is difficult to sit. There is sometimes a palpable lump in the site of the injections for months afterwards. Not as severe as what you're describing. It's ok with steroid injections though.

OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I've been ok with steroid injections but this feels like a kick from a donkey.

I walked a mile home from the docs as I had been warned it could be painful. That was ok but by Saturday it was really sore.

This is a long acting ester which is oily and thick so releases over a couple of weeks.

Ganymede

Veteran
ASK THE DOCTOR! It may be a classic reaction and no problem, but why you askin' us?!

Just to say, I had a "steroid flare" when I had a shoulder injection and my whole arm went floppy for the rest of the day, but was pretty much ok by the next. Also I had been warned about the possibility. If this is a side-effect you haven't been warned about, I would consult your doc.

Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Formerly just_fixed
I've given loads if IM depots which are the same base oil. Never heard of the "it get less painful" in regards to lingering pain after I've given one. Maybe I'm just brilliant at them.

Top Bottom