Read any good books?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
The Spy and the Traitor: Ben Macintyre

The true story of a KGB colonel and latterly the Station Chief in London. A double agent passing information to MI6
It reads like a spy novel but is in fact a true story.

Second time of reading.

That sounds interesting. When I was severely visually impaired, I 'read' a few audiobooks by Ben Macintyre and found them very good indeed. I'll keep an eye open for that one, either as an audiobook or as a 'real' one.

GuyBoden

Guru
The Magus by John Fowles is one of my all time favourite books, currently reading Arthur Machen.

Last edited:

cisamcgu

Legendary Member
Endgame by Frank Brady : Bio of Bobby Fischer

Not much chess actually in it (which is good, my chess ability is laughable), but an entertaining and moving account of the rise and fall of one of the greatest players ever.

colly

Re member eR
Into the second book of the Shardlake Series by C J Sansom.

Dissolution the first book and the one I am about 50 pages in is Dark Fire.
Set in the 15th century at the time of Henry 8th
Matthew Shardlake, a lawyer, is sent as Thomas Cromwell's Commissioner to investigate the murder of the previous Commissioner at a monastery.

Good stuff.

Drago

Legendary Member

Defending Northamptonshire The Military Landscape from Pre-history to the Present

Last edited:

stephec

Legendary Member
A few weeks ago I stopped at the Premier Inn at Team Valley, Gateshead.

In the reception they had a table where people leave books and someone else buys one for a charity donation, luckily I found this one. 😊

IMG_20230415_193429.jpg

Profpointy

Legendary Member
The Mortal Engines series by Phillip Reeve. Nice post apocalyptic set love story, with giant cities that eat each other.

Half way through the second one. I very much enjoyed the movie, which pretty much aligns with the first book which I bought after seeing the film. Pretty good (film and book) to be fair even if it's a couple of notches down from Pulman's "his dark materials". Sadly the film lost money, so likely no more to come, but they spent a humungous load of money on it, so a profit was quite a stretch
enjoyable as it is

Top Bottom