Reading CTC Midnight ride to Lymington 20th September 2013

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
I've got to say..........the donkeys were every bit as wonderful as last year's cowboy roundup. Quite, quite special. I've seen sheep walk in to a grocery store in the Outer Isles, but a family of donkeys wandering down the high street, just taking their time, doing a bit of window shopping - that was top. Question is - what does young Simon pull off next year? Donkeys are a hard act to follow.

And Farleigh Wallop. Not many of them to the pound.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
2668026 said:
Llamas I reckon
Llamas, you want llamas? We got llamas! Any particular colour?

ribble_valley_llamas.jpg

OP
OP
sbird

sbird

Über Member
Llamas I can do! They are farmed on the Hardwick estate near Pangbourne, around 5 miles away. Ooops.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
I think that next year we'll stay in Lymington or take the ferry over to the Isle of Wight and stay there. The ride is ideally set up for that - most b+bs or small hotels will let you in about two in the afternoon, which gives us three hours for rehydration.

OP
OP
sbird

sbird

Über Member
I think that next year we'll stay in Lymington or take the ferry over to the Isle of Wight and stay there. The ride is ideally set up for that - most b+bs or small hotels will let you in about two in the afternoon, which gives us three hours for rehydration.
The date of this ride and last year's coincided with the Isle of Wight Cycling Festival which I was repeatedly reminded to highlight along with the Lymington ride but somehow forgot. One of our contingent went last year and had a fine time. Just a thought.

Top Bottom