Reading CTC Midnight ride to Lymington 20th September 2013

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
That's Southampton Waters not the river Test
great. See you there.

mistral

Guru
It's been too long since I sampled the nocturnal delights of a trundle to the coast, I've signed up for this one and very much looking forward to it

Tim Hall

So, it's looking like I'll be on this one. What's the deal for getting back home? Group save goodness to Clapham and then scatter to the four winds? Or have people got all clever and placed a bet on an Advanced ticket?

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
So, it's looking like I'll be on this one. What's the deal for getting back home? Group save goodness to Clapham and then scatter to the four winds? Or have people got all clever and placed a bet on an Advanced ticket?
it's you, me and her nibs for a threesome. Find a friend and we've got a party

OP
OP
sbird

sbird

Über Member
We have now 25 on the ride and if the weather remains as forecast I don't anticipate that will go down.

Also we will now be passing Reading station on the south side by the Three Guineas pub if anyone requires it or is running late.

Tim Hall

@dellzeqq, I reckon we could be on the same train to the start, assuming you're schlepping down from Clapham.

Q: Fixed or gears? (the bike that is, not the train)

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
@dellzeqq, I reckon we could be on the same train to the start, assuming you're schlepping down from Clapham.

Q: Fixed or gears? (the bike that is, not the train)
I reckon gears. There are some long drags, and a couple of short, sharp rises. I think we'll catch the 22,28 from Clapham Junction, arriving Reading 23.40

Last edited:

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Gears, definitely. I haven't ridden this route before, but the bits of it I know certainly aren't flat.

Top Bottom