Really, are you so helpless.......

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Brandane

Legendary Member
......that you need the services of the works maintenance team (i.e. ME!) to put up a length of string with 2 drawing pins to display Christmas cards? I am but one person, and a part time employee with more than enough to do as it is. I am sorry if you didn't like my response to your request; but come on - it's not really difficult. What next if I take that on board? Come and flush the toilet for you? :rolleyes:

Drago

Legendary Member
Have you not been on the string stretching safety course? You're therefore not trained to do the dynamic risk assessment (ie, you're not trained to make it up as you go along).

OP
OP
Brandane

Brandane

Legendary Member
Have you not been on the string stretching safety course? You're therefore not trained to do the dynamic risk assessment (ie, you're not trained to make it up as you go along).
Ahh; but none of the workforce have; so as per usual it falls into the lap of the one man maintenance team whether he is trained in the task in hand or not. Come to think of it, none of us have been trained in the safe opening of envelopes without putting ourselves at risk of nasty, career threatening, paper cuts - so should we even be opening cards on work premises? :laugh:

Globalti

Legendary Member
We had the same problem here with putting up the frame to hang the Sasco year planner. So I came to work extra early one day armed with my trusty battery drill, drilled the holes, popped in the Rawlplugs and hung my planner. Nobody ever queried it.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Our place has you filling in a risk assessment form,mind you most of the extra curricular stuff involves grinders, drills and welding .

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
......that you need the services of the works maintenance team (i.e. ME!) to put up a length of string with 2 drawing pins to display Christmas cards? I am but one person, and a part time employee with more than enough to do as it is. I am sorry if you didn't like my response to your request; but come on - it's not really difficult. What next if I take that on board? Come and flush the toilet for you? :rolleyes:
Is it a policy thing? I'm not allowed to change a light bulb at work. We have to call a maintenance company, which seems like a huge waste of time and money to me.

midlife

Guru
Is it a policy thing? I'm not allowed to change a light bulb at work. We have to call a maintenance company, which seems like a huge waste of time and money to me.

Same here, we call Interserve who run our Hospital......at vast cost!

MikeG

Guru
Some people have funny thumbs which don't bend backwards at all, so they end up trying to push a drawing pin in with the end of it rather than the "ball". Combine that with the arm strength of a 2 year old, and no sense of symmetry or level, and.........well, let's just say that I don't mind doing the job because it will at least be done only once, and done properly.

Top Bottom