Really sore foot.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BIGSESAL

A couple of days ago I woke up with what felt like cramp in my left foot. I get this fairly often and stretched the foot like I always do. The cramp subsided and I went off to school.

During school ,I felt a pain in my left foot everytime I put weight on it and this pain has failed to disappear. I have stopped all exercise and find walking very painful (I have also stopped driving the clutch hurts my foot and I feel that it is a little dangerous to drive with only one functional leg).

The pain appears to be coming from the outside of the left foot, just below the ankle. When I step on it a pain shoots up my leg. I think it must be a muscular problem as when as lift the foot from the ground and touch it there is no pain at all. There is no swelling. I cannot think of anything that may have caused this injury and I am frustrated that I cannot get on my bike.

Has anyone had a similar problem? Should I go and see my doctor?

jayce

Go to the docs fella just for piece of mind

Enso108

Formerly OselLing
Mate I've had the same problem for a couple of weeks, I'm not completely sure how I did it but I think possibly unclipping from the pedals. The problem was then compounded by running on it the next day. Light cycling on it isn't too bad but walking is really painful. Ibuprofen has helped, I'm seeing a physio on Friday, I'll let you know what she says.

Enso108

Formerly OselLing
Well I was at the physio today, basically its pulled ligaments or a good old fashioned sprained ankle although the pain is across the top of my foot when I put weight on it.
She used a ultrasound machine on my foot for about 10 mins, I'm not sure what that does or if it helps it didn't feel much different after.
The bad news is it will probably take 4 to 6 weeks to mend so no running until I can jump up and down without it hurting, the good news is that cycling and swimming are excellent exercise for it. I've been out twice this week on the bike after 2 weeks of rest and had no probs at all. (only a couple of 10 milers)
Hope yours improves soon.
Gary

OP
OP
BIGSESAL

BIGSESAL

Thanks for the information. The foot is getting a bit better at the moment. Last weekend I thought that it had healed and mistakenly went on a 4 hour hike. This made the pain a lot worse and I could hardly walk on Sunday. However, it now feels a lot better and I have little pain. I am doing a some light training -light jogging, squats, press ups, etc- and this does not seem to make it any worse.

I am now able to drive once again (finally) as the pain has subsided. I am looking at Saturday to get back on the bike. Although, if the pain flares up again I shall be seeking medical attention.

Thanks again.

ASC1951

Guru
These sorts of injuries are sometimes a muscle imbalance which builds up over several months. The first you know is when it 'goes critical' and starts to hurt, usually after some minor knock - that makes you think that the minor knock is the problem, when sometimes it isn't.

If it comes back I would go to a sports physio.

Top Bottom