Really TRUE odd factoids

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

simongt

Guru
I took the wife down to that London last year and we took a wander round Soho. I was last there in 1991 - what on earth happened to it? Bland and boring now.
Went down to the Smoke last year; first time in nearly fifty and yuk, what's happened to it; glass monstrosities everywhere in the city - ! :wacko:

simongt

Guru
The date of Easter Sunday falls on the first Sunday after the first full moon following the vernal equinox in March.
Which is based on Pagan timing, but many years back, the Govt. suggested on having Easter at a fixed time e.g., Easter Sunday being on say, the first Sunday in April, but the Church Council couldn't agree between themselves, so still it goes on - ! :whistle:

simongt

Guru
I saw this recently. Each Kit Kat is filled with broken Kit Kats from the past. I wonder if it’s like homeopathy nonsense where the first ever batch is diluted and diluted where the memory of the first kitkat lives on and every now and again you might find an atom from the first.
I had a post college job at Rowntree Mackintosh in Norwich in the early 70's. Rolos that got stuck in the mould trays were hooked out with a bradawl and sent to another area where hot air would be blown over them on a large rotating bowl to melt the choccy which would flow down a centre hole and the toffee bits would be carefully moulded into one big lump by the operator for 'reissue', as was the choccy - !^_^
On the bright side, as the policy was that you could eat as much as you liked of the 'wares' on site, as we went past the tubs of stuck Rolos, many was the handful that was slipped into one's overall pockets - ! :laugh:

Last edited:

simongt

Guru
About a third of the National Trust properties and associated lands were originally built using money / profits generated by the slave trade. :dry:
When this fact was revealed not long back, the NT were somewhat embarrassed. :whistle:

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Which is based on Pagan timing, but many years back, the Govt. suggested on having Easter at a fixed time e.g., Easter Sunday being on say, the first Sunday in April, but the Church Council couldn't agree between themselves, so still it goes on - ! :whistle:

And the Gregorian calendar pops into it, too..

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
About a third of the National Trust properties and associated lands were originally built using money / profits generated by the slave trade. :dry:
When this fact was revealed not long back, the NT were somewhat embarrassed. :whistle:

Not really. My understanding is that the Trust were quite open with their report into slavery.
It was a group of right wing members who were accusing the NT of going woke. And trying to shut down the debate.

Top Bottom