Rear bike wheel help please

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Sjw

Sjw

Rear wheel with gears and tyre size. The cassette has 7 cogs so I'd want the 7 gear size?

IMG_20180802_193925_hdr.jpg IMG_20180802_193944_hdr.jpg IMG_20180802_194037_hdr.jpg

Last edited:

Edgy Dee

Cranky Old Guy
That advert is for a wheel - with a disk brake rotor. As Skipdiver says, you've got a wheel! And the bike has a V brake. If you're looking for a second wheel to swap the critical data is the 650B, which is a standard, but not a common one in the uk. You need a wheel with a compatible rim - i.e. 650B. The other essential data is the 48-584. 48 is the width of the tyre in mm. 584 is the diameter of the bead rim seat (where the tyre interfaces with the rim. If you want a quick swap you need a wheel with the same rim (look for the 650B or ETRTO 584). It's also helpful if the rim is the same width as it avoids needing to adjust brakes. You don't need a disk brake wheel. Inner tubes are a bit more forgiving, but again, search for 650B. But I think any MTB (26 inch) tube would probably do.

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
I would have thought it was a lot easier and cheaper to just leave a hack bike bolted permanently to the turbo trainer and not keep swapping things around!

@SkipdiverJohn it may be that they only have the one bike

Edgy Dee

Cranky Old Guy
Hum... just had a thought - is the existing wheel a 650B? Have you got the right tyre? I think we need to see the size data on the original wheel/tyre please.

Edgy Dee

Cranky Old Guy
The ad says the wheel is suitable for disc and rim brakes, it also says you will need to pay extra for the rotor if you require one
So yes, you could get the 650b, without rotor... IF your existing wheel is indeed a 650b! It's not a common size.

OP
OP
Sjw

Sjw

Hi!
The original tyre is 3rd pic. That came off for the trainer tyre to go on.
Yes, I've only the one bike. I could wait til Xmas sales and buy another for outside

Last edited:

vickster

Legendary Member
Hi!
The original tyre is 3rd pic. That came off for the trainer tyre to go on.
Yes, I've only the one bike. I could wait til Xmas sales and buy another for outside
There are sale bikes out there now, no need to wait until Xmas ;)

Top Bottom