rear ender in Lewisham last night

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
So was that you ... who clipped the ugly end of a pick up truck at the bottom of Lewisham Hill Last night?

If so, all I can say is, "hope the Jacobs are okay"....actually I could also say "man you have a good pace", which would be kinder I guess.

now, about that head cam footage.........

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
lol, oh dear.. any damage to his bike? There is a video on you tube, I think from a poster here showing someone riding into the back of a bus. Will try to find.

OP
OP
jonny jeez

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
My cam didnt show as much detail (including the "splat" sound that his bars made when they shattered the rear light cluster).

He seemed fine and rode my route for another 4 or so miles at a great pace, so not injured or damaged...seemed like a nice chap as well

HaloJ

Rabid cycle nut
jonny jeez said:
My cam didnt show as much detail (including the "splat" sound that his bars made when they shattered the rear light cluster).

He seemed fine and rode my route for another 4 or so miles at a great pace, so not injured or damaged...seemed like a nice chap as well

Embarrassment meant he put the pace on to get away from you. :angry:

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
ianrauk said:
Cheers Mikey (and nice to see you yesterday evening whizzing by)

Cyclist headbutting a bus..

Yeah, nice to see you too! I saw your posture on the bike, that's how I recognised you.

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
LOL! It's very head up, and with an unusally straight/slightly concave back. I guess that strikes my eye more because good technique on skates would ask for a slightly convex back, arched a little like an angry kitty. No comment on whether it's good or not on a bike.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
aha I see.
There is a reason to that. On my bikes I need my handlebars higher. Too low and I suffer back problems.

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
Yeah, in skating that posture would almost certainly result in back pain. It's somewhat similar to cycling in the way power is put through your body, but not entirely.

Top Bottom