Rear facing video camera

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Denis99

Über Member
Hi,

I am after some advice on what rear facing video camera to buy.

Just a bit fed up of all the close passes that just keep happening.
In particular, on today’s ride a car driven by an elderly pair of women passed me within an inch, they turned left and I followed, I was going that way anyway.

The hill is very steep, they slowed down and then slammed the brakes on, I gently collided into the boot of the car.
Went around to the driver and asked why? Just sat there staring at the windscreen and ignored me.

Then drove off.

Prefer rear facing, nothing too special, won’t be starting up a YouTube channel, but will report drivers, as I see this is the only way forward.

Slick

Guru
Hi,

I am after some advice on what rear facing video camera to buy.

Just a bit fed up of all the close passes that just keep happening.
In particular, on today’s ride a car driven by an elderly pair of women passed me within an inch, they turned left and I followed, I was going that way anyway.

The hill is very steep, they slowed down and then slammed the brakes on, I gently collided into the boot of the car.
Went around to the driver and asked why? Just sat there staring at the windscreen and ignored me.

Then drove off.

Prefer rear facing, nothing too special, won’t be starting up a YouTube channel, but will report drivers, as I see this is the only way forward.
Cyclic 6 for me although there are probably lots cheaper but this is a simple plug and play and you don't need to download anything to delete if nothing happens as it just continually overwrites previous footage. I've also yet to see better picture quality although again probably a little subjective.

DaveReading

Don't suffer fools gladly (must try harder!)

Then drove off.

As suggested previously in these columns, open a door (preferably one that the driver can't reach) if you want them to stick around long enough for a discussion.

numbnuts

Legendary Member
What battery life do you get ?
About 1.5-2 hrs, I use a small power pack with this case 6-8 hrs hours +
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Motorcyc...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649
you don't need the 12v plug just a mini USB

OP
OP
Denis99

Denis99

Über Member
Not sure now.

Cycliq looks ideal, which one though?

Front looks easier to mount, I always have something on the seatpost attached, saddlebag / tool pack.

Slick

Guru
Not sure now.

Cycliq looks ideal, which one though?

Front looks easier to mount, I always have something on the seatpost attached, saddlebag / tool pack.
That can be a pain, I did have to clear my rear rack to get it to work. Apparently there are other mounting options available but I've not seen them.

My Fly 6 (old one, not CE model) sits, erghh, not good with names of parts of the bike, but there is no room on the seatpost so attaches nicely direct to the frame just beneath the seatpost - no vibration, steady as a rock and has the very top of the wheel in the video for reference.

Top Bottom