Rear light with brake warning.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

keithmac

Guru
I've been using these for a couple of weeks now, really good rear light!.

It has a sorts of sensors inside and a fancy processor. Be all and end all it knows when you at slowing down and shows a solid bright red light as a warning.

Only downside is it took a month to turn up..

https://smartbikelights.com/products/cubelite-ii-pro-1

"Auto brake light utilizing advanced drone technology" it says.
What the hell is that?
Must say I mistrust clever stuff like that.

and made from a single piece of metal with a built-in battery?

OP
OP
keithmac

keithmac

Guru
It turns on and stays on manually, the brake light is an added bonus.

I think the "drone technology" is it's built in gyroscope.

It knows the difference between cycling up a hill and braking (and braking while cycling up a hill), ain't modern technology brilliant :laugh:.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
I had a B&M dynamo back light that claimed to go brighter when I braked, but I have no idea if it actually did.

yep - puts me in mind of those lights which supposedly come on automatically when it's dark and switch off when it's got light - asking for trouble.
I've had one of those in my porch for over 15 years. Never given me any trouble. Comes on at dusk and stays on for a few hours then goes off.

It turns on and stays on manually, the brake light is an added bonus.
I think the "drone technology" is it's built in gyroscope.
It knows the difference between cycling up a hill and braking (and braking while cycling up a hill), ain't modern technology brilliant :laugh:.
But how do you know it's actually working when it's behind you?

C R

Guru
I got a similar one from amazon, next day delivery. It's got an accelerometer, like the ones that mobiles use to tell the orientation, nothing else. As a rear light is good, no idea if the braking indicator works or not, I can get it to activate by hand with a jerk in the direction that the braking acceleration would happen, so I assume it works.

berty bassett

Legendary Member
its a back light at a decent price and a decent battery life - the bloke behind me said it went solid when i stopped in front of him like it claims
if it didnt - its still a back light that glows with a rechargable battery , cant see why people have a deep mistrust of things without trying them first - each to their own i suppose
do you worry if your brake lights on your car work just because they are behind you and you cant see them ?

its a back light at a decent price and a decent battery life - the bloke behind me said it went solid when i stopped in front of him like it claims
if it didnt - its still a back light that glows with a rechargable battery , cant see why people have a deep mistrust of things without trying them first - each to their own i suppose
do you worry if your brake lights on your car work just because they are behind you and you cant see them ?

As long as you don't rely on it and risk compensate thinking it will help against a fast moving tonne or so of steel (same with foam hat). My car has three rear brake lights so I do have multiple redundancy, but I do also have a warning system that lets me know if a filament is even thinking of playing silly buggers.

Top Bottom