Rear mech for 9 speed 44/32/22 - 12-36?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

scotsbikester

will be around for a fair old while on ebay though?
Quite possibly, depending what you're looking for, and whether you want new (well "New Old Stock") or are happy with good used. I like, if possible, to buy NOS. And if I've got more than one of whatever-it-is, I'll put the good used one on the bike and keep the NOS one as spare. If I never get round to using it as spare then I can still sell it as new. So for example I've got a good used M772 on the bike, which I gave a thorough service, and a NOS in a box.

I'm perfectly happy with triple nine-speed, so want to future proof myself, as it is clearly going out of fashion. I don't want to have to change the entire drive chain just because one part of it is unavailable. I love triples, and can't see the point of 10 speed. But that's just me.

There was a "golden age" at the start of this century when lots of Shimano 9-speed stuff was interchangeable - Ultegra/105/Tiagra from that era is pretty much all the same. So I don't mind spending a bit now as "insurance", though some NOS components can be pricey, if you can even find them.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Blue Hills
Good approach @scotsbikester ,i of course put an old one (excellent condition) on the bike above, and kept my new alivio. I have a lot of bikes, majority nine speed - though the bikes have different uses/gearing, many of my bits will go on several.

OP
OP
Blue Hills
I paid £84, delivered, for two M592s.
by the by, there is also the Altus RD M2000 rear mech which looks very similar indeed, but actually has its own adjuster. Quite easily had from two German suppliers I know for not a lot over £20, but not to us UK folks these days. Northern Ireland OK with at least one of them though.

Top Bottom