Reasonably Priced? Planet X RT57 2nd Hand £850 (Open to Offers)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
When did 105 go 11 spd, that will give a no newer than date

Kestevan

Last of the Summer Winos
I used to have one of those. Not a bad bike at all. However, I suspect it's starting to show it's age by now.

Be aware that there is no clearance for tyres > 23mm and the ride is pretty unforgiving... Although it handles well, and is a nice sporty ride.

vickster

Legendary Member
You could put a wanted ad in the forum classifieds, you never know someone may have something for sale.
Put your height, spec, location, approx budget etc :smile:

OP
OP
Mburton1993

Mburton1993

Über Member
You could put a wanted ad in the forum classifieds, you never know someone may have something for sale.
Put your height, spec, location, approx budget etc :smile:

Thanks Vickster,

I might just do that. :smile:

Also just out of interest what are peoples opinion on this one?:

54cm top tube. 10 speed shimano 105. Planet X TT bars. Dura ace C35 rear wheel. Brand new bottom bracket. Selle Italia Flite saddle. Shimano Pedals. £475. Open to sensible offers

Last edited:

vickster

Legendary Member
Are you only riding in TTs? Otherwise it’ll cost you money to make it into a proper road bike!
And has it got one of those fixed seatposts which had been cut to suit the owner?
It looks like a frankenbike, why doesn’t it have matching wheels ?!!

its fugly for sure!

There’s nothing in that description or photo that would make me want to buy it!

Last edited:

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Its a TT bike.
what sort of bike are you after, as that's quite different to the Planet X in post #1.

OP
OP
Mburton1993

Mburton1993

Über Member
No further information on that TT bike other than the description given. It's is definitely a frankenbike although I'm not entirely opposed to that, god knows my current bike has been stitched together from bits and pieces of others. Not that this TT bike is on my most wanted list, it just looked peculiar enough to share.

A quite light road bike would be my preference.

vickster

Legendary Member
No further information on that TT bike other than the description given. It's is definitely a frankenbike although I'm not entirely opposed to that, god knows my current bike has been stitched together from bits and pieces of others. Not that this TT bike is on my most wanted list, it just looked peculiar enough to share.

A quite light road bike would be my preference.
Maybe look for a Planet X pro carbon, or something from Ribble (Gran Fondo if looking more endurance than Race?) or Dolan. You’ll pay less of a premium than for something like a modern Giant TCR

Top Bottom