Reasonably priced road shoes for big feet?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Seigi

So, because I've been burdened with having big feet it's always a little harder to find shoes, or at least find shoes at a reasonable price, can anyone else who is possibly in the same boat as I recommend some reasonably priced road shoes for a size 13UK (48 EU)? By reasonably priced I mean <£50, I'm naught but a lowly student with a meagre income.

I've read that it's also recommended to get them in half a size larger, so obviously that would mean me looking for a size 13.5UK (49EU).

Thanks for any help guys and girls!

I have a pair that may fit and you can have for a fiver plus p&p. I am 12.5UK and frustrated with buying shoes I bought a pair that were a bit on the big side. As daft as it may sound it was some time before I noticed my heels slipping on the upward pedal movement. Maybe cos I am older I could afford a pair of the Specialized that have the BOA steel wire laces that fit me much better. How wide are your feet - as I think they may suit someone who has a wide foot?

OP
OP
Seigi

Seigi

I don't think I've got wide feet, I've never considered myself to have wide feet although I certainly can't comfortably fit into the slimmest of training shoes. What size are they? Also, do you have any pictures? I don't mean to be picky choosy, but you know ;p

I am not sure what size they are - may be it's worn off so I've just measured them and they are approx 330mm long. I haven't from a quick look but we can probably find what shoe size this is equivalent to online. They are a bit more worn than I thought they may be but I know the heel piece on the underside is replaceable and though it could do with replacing, for now is usable as it is.

Just taken this photo

Was in a shop a while ago and was told they are a very good shoe; partly cos 99% of the parts can be replaced. Though I am kind of a novice level cyclist I don't think they are novice level shoes - as you probably know the better stuff is done in bigger sizes so we get penalised with paying for it.

And it's always worth being a smidgeon picky.

Garz

Squat Member
You could probably get near to the entry level Northwave shoes which fit well for wide feet. They are probably around £60 though but are a good brand for big feet riders.

FWIW I'm a wide fitting size 12, my winter boots are Northwave in size 13 and they fit great. Hope that helps you decide on sizing. Wiggle were doing free returns on shoes and clothing a while back, not sure if they still are but could be worth checking out if you decide to buy new.
Also FWIW my road shoes are Lake CX236C with the BOA lacing system, and I find them great for my wide plates of meat, (not cheap though).

OP
OP
Seigi

Seigi

330mm is more like a size 14 - 14.5, that'd be far too big. Very grateful for the offer however! The north weave shoes looks quite good albeit on the higher end of my budget, thanks for the suggestion!

edit: I don't know why people think I have wide feet, I never said I had wide feet, just long feet :P Everyone keeps mentioning about wide feet.... :s

Bear in mind 330mm is the external measurement not the foot and I know my feet are a 12.5. They are a bit too big for me which is why I got new ones but not 2 sizes too big - I had been wearing them for a while first and maybe they are two sizes too big but I'd be pretty surprised - imagine I would have found them too sloppy to have worn at all.

Top Bottom