England : London Reasonably Rapid London to Southsea Castle 2: May 4

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
StuAff

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Just followed my own advice and checked the .GPXX- loaded on to the 705 just fine.
Forgot to add, just to be confusing, although .gpxx is the best format for long ride turn-by-turn on a 705, apparently causes issues with other Garmins, so download in format of your choice from RWGPS or use Lee's version.

lilolee

Veteran
I know last minute, but can I suggest this detour in Milton to avoid the bottom part of the Eastern Road/Milton Road/Eastney Road. It does take us through the Old Mental Hosplital after all!
miltondetour.jpg

http://ridewithgps.com/routes/2447741

OP
OP
StuAff

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
I'll leave that until tomorrow, Lee- I'm perfectly happy with the bit you want to avoid, I ride on it enough times, but I think we'll see how everyone is once we get down there.

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
Just remembered about this ride...

Tbh, am not sure if I will do this, even now I know tomorrow is now free, as my hamstring is still giving me grief and I think it might be best if I put my legs up tomorrow and service the bike instead...

Ill let you know if I change my mind, but if not, have a great ride and wear sunscreen!

lilolee

Veteran
Stu
Thanks for organising the ride. Could have done without the headwind, but all in the weather was fab for the 2nd half.
Great meeting up with Titus and the team. Hope to meetup with you guys again soon.

JohnKilbey

Regular
Stu,
Thanks for the great day out. I enjoyed the morning tea-stop (complete with posh teapot) and the jam doughnuts from over the road. The headwind was made a lot easier by the kind people riding in front! Some really enjoyable countryside once we got south of Guildford. Thanks to all for the cheerful company.

Eddie_C

Über Member
Stuart
Thanks for arranging this - a good day out. With my diversion over to Southampton just made a century.
Great preparation for Sunday's IoW Randonnee!
Eddie

Top Bottom